X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sensiousup
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Customiziong Registration Instructions

I am creating a high school reunion website and forum. I was wondering if I could customize the registration instructions on telling people how to choose a user name. For example, instead of someone chosing a username such as webjunkie, I would rather them create a user name like 1994_John_Smith . Is there anyway I can change these instructions on the user registration page?
  • BlueFlame
    • Jan 2003
    • 3.8.x

All the pages are Template Powered. In that sense you can change the look and feel of any page within ADmin Control Panel
    @BlueFlame@

Comment

• sensiousup
      • Aug 2004
      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

I am logged into the demo. Can you give me instructions on how I would do that?

Comment

• sensiousup
        • Aug 2004
        • 3.0.0 'Gold'

For example, your registration form gives the following instructions:

In order to be able to post messages on the vBulletin Community Forum forums, you must first register.Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Are you saying I can change these instructions to how I would like them to read?

For example:

In order to be able to post messages on the this forum, you must first register. Please enter your user name, your email address and other required details in the form below. Because the purpose of this forum is to reunite classmates we request that when choosing a username, we request that you choose a user name in the following format: YourFirstName_YourLastNameInHighSchool_YourGraduationYear. An example would be John_Smith_1994. This will help your fellow classmates identify your posts and submit replys much more easily.

Is this possible with BBulletin?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

All language is in Phrases. Under Languages & Phrases, run a 'Search in Phrases' for:

In order to be able to post messages

Then edit the appropriate phrase.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment