Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhens
    • Sep 2012

problem with password

i've been away for awhile. in fact, i purchased a new computer and it doesnt have any of the old passwords stored. i clicked on the "forgot password" link to reset it, and did so......three times. each time my session expires and i try to log back in....it says my password is invalid. i've just done this again for the third time and really dont want to do this anymore.....is there something wrong with the software's ability to store a password (imagine that) or am i doing something wrong?

after giving vB a break for 4 months, i'd very much like to get the ball rolling, but not being able to log in is getting old......and it presents quite a barrier to making any progress as you might guess. looking forward to your response.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You were logged into write this post. That means the software has stored the password properly. What is the exact issue that you're having?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• rhens
      • Sep 2012

when i got the reset password link, i followed it to settings, then changed the password....the first two times. this time, i actually logged in using the password you sent me, then changed it after that. i'm hoping that works,,,,but i cant be sure. i decided to post this before i got timed out again....to let someone know there is an ongoing issue.

Comment

• rhens
        • Sep 2012

it held this time....i think its ok, now

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

Still don't know what "It" is. If you're posting on the site, you're obviously logged in which means the password is working.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• rhens
            • Sep 2012

"it" is my password...which had to be changed 3 times in order for me to be able to log in. the third time, i posted this thread before my session ended...in case that caused my password to be unacceptable,,,,again. as they say....the third time's the charm, and this password has held and allows me to log in when i need to.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

I would suspect requesting multiple resets would cause this. The newest reset will invalidate previous ones. If you're assigned a new password through a reset, then it is the valid password for a time before the new one is entered by the used. By starting the process multiple times, along with cookies on the browser can end up in quite a mess.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• rhens
                • Sep 2012

whatever the reason...this process went over a couple of days....it seems to have resolved itself. you can close this thread if you wish.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...