Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • voclain
    • Aug 2002

Thread Views Not Updating???

I'm still on version 3.6.4 and I'm planning an upgrade....so please don't fuss me for that.

With that said....

I've noticed that when I click on a thread...and then refresh that page...or even close my browser and then go back to that specific thread...that the "VIEWS" in the "ForumDisplay" page do not increase???

NOW...IF I make a post to that thread...the views will increas by one....but people can go to that thread....hundreds and read it....but it does not update as far as the number.

WHY?? And how do I fix that?

Thanks for you great support.

Yours,

Kirk
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Is the forum updating view counters immediately?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Update Thread Views Immediately

Try setting it to update immediately.

If it isn't set to update immediately then maybe there is a problem with the scheduled task. Sometimes the tasks don't run for a variety of reasons. Check the task in your:

Admin CP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager -> Thread Views

If the task has been running then the "Next Time" should be within the next hour. If the "Next Time" is in the past then it hasn't been running. In that case you need to make sure your footer template contains this code:

Code:
    <!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    $cronimage
    <!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    And make sure this is correct:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

Also try running a repair. Sometimes the threadviews table gets corrupt:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Repair / Optimize Tables

Also note that if the thread views haven't been updating such that the view counters in the database are less than the reply counters, then the software will always show the views as replies + 1. You can run this query on your database to "catch up" the view counters:

UPDATE thread
    SET views = replycount * 2
    WHERE views < replycount

Backup first.
    Last edited by Jake Bunce; Thu 19 Mar '09, 2:58pm.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
      • Dec 2000
      • 3.6.x

Also note that if the thread views haven't been updating such that the view counters in the database are less than the reply counters, then the software will always show the views as replies + 1. You can run this query on your database to "catch up" the view counters:

UPDATE thread
      SET views = replycount * 2
      WHERE views < replycount

Backup first.

Comment

• Wedding Guide
        • May 2001

Originally posted by Jake Bunce

Also try running a repair. Sometimes the threadviews table gets corrupt:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Repair / Optimize Tables
        Okay, we ran the repair/optimize tables function...so what do if the threadviews table does get corrupt? We are getting the following message now:
        threadviews Check Error: Incorrect file format 'threadviews'
        threadviews Check Error: Corrupt
        We bring brides & business together...in case you were wondering!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...