X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gigidkl
    • Oct 2008
    • 3.7.x

Forums not marked as read

I have a problem with forums not being marked read. When someone makes a new post, the forum, thread and post remain marked unread unless I scroll to the bottom and click 'mark all forums read' or following the breadcrumbs backwards.
    Anyone have any idea what could be causing this.

Before the user stats fix they would mark read if I followed the full path to the post (Open forum, open thread, open post) but now they're not being marked read at all no matter what I do.

Is anyone else using the same versions? Are yours working ok?

P.S.: here is a copy of the full discussion we had in another forum to get more details:

Basically the forums don't get marked as read if you go directly to the forum's index after reading something.
    Last edited by gigidkl; Fri 23 Jan '09, 5:14am.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Set this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type -> Database (automatic forum marking)

The first time you set this all posts will show up as unread because the database marking is new. Once you mark the forums as read everything will work fine.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• gigidkl
      • Oct 2008
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Set this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type -> Database (automatic forum marking)

The first time you set this all posts will show up as unread because the database marking is new. Once you mark the forums as read everything will work fine.
      Thank you, Steve!

Comment

• Anyoldname
        • Jan 2009

So this means that the db is controling the mark read/unread for users rather than their browser & cookies?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Yes.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...