X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CUBS
    • Oct 2004
    • 4.2.x

Question & Answer Verification

Ive tested this when I try to join under a different name and email account the question and answer isnt there and when I continue anyway I get this The following errors occurred during your registration
    • The answer given for the random question was incorrect.
  • glennybee
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.7.x

Try deleting the Question and Answer and create it again.

vBulletin Options -> Human Verification Options

Comment

• CUBS
      • Oct 2004
      • 4.2.x

well It doesnt even show on the page when you register or the image. and I had them add the GD and FreeType support just nowthe image shows in the admin panel though now but not on the registration page

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

This is due a a modification you made.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then make this the default style.

Admin Control Panel -> vBulletin Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Default Style

Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• CUBS
          • Oct 2004
          • 4.2.x

Ive disabled plug ins ive set a new default style still doesnt work. when I run suspect version I do not get files that say do not contain expected contents bit I do get File not recognized as part of vBulletin. What does that mean.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

That means those files are not part of vB.

You need to follow all those instructions. This function does work with the default vB code and no add-ons or template modifications.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• CUBS
              • Oct 2004
              • 4.2.x

Ok how do I get rid of those files that are not part of vb. can I manualy delete them all in the server

Comment

• beishe8
                • Oct 2005
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by CUBS
                Ive disabled plug ins ive set a new default style still doesnt work. when I run suspect version I do not get files that say do not contain expected contents bit I do get File not recognized as part of vBulletin. What does that mean.

"I do not get files that say do not contain expected contents"
                For the version you use: the vB files are correct.

"File not recognized as part of vBulletin."
                Those files are not part of vB,they are there from some modifications.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

Originally posted by CUBS
                  Ok how do I get rid of those files that are not part of vb. can I manualy delete them all in the server
                  If you are absolutely sure you do not need then for add-ons or other applications you can delete them. Otherwise you may want to first move them to a temp directory to make sure your forums and other applications work without them.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...