X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timan
    • Sep 2002
    • 3.6.x

Thread Rating prompts error.

I just upgraded my forums from 3.6.9 to 3.7... and now when I try to rate any thread using the rate thread vbmenu. I get the following alert box that popups.

A required field called <em>ipaddress</em> is missing or has an invalid value.
    This happens on the "default style", and the old imported 3.6 style.

• GHOwner
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Timan
    I just upgraded my forums from 3.6.9 to 3.7... and now when I try to rate any thread using the rate thread vbmenu. I get the following alert box that popups.

This happens on the "default style", and the old imported 3.6 style.

Is the "Default Style" full of reverted templates? Meaning, no templates in that "Default Style" are red or yellow?

Comment

• Timan
      • Sep 2002
      • 3.6.x

Yes, it has no edited templates. I have even created a new style to see if that helped, no luck.

Comment

• Timan
        • Sep 2002
        • 3.6.x

Same thing also happens, when you do not use the javascript drop down menus (and just the basic form at the footer of showthread)

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Timan
            • Sep 2002
            • 3.6.x

Hey steve, I've done all those.

No plug in's installed and I've also added the disable line to the config.php.
            No suspected files listed either.
            Re-uploaded all the vbulletin files (except images)

Still no luck... same exact error. Repaired any sql tables, all the basic things you do when you have issues.

Happens in every browser, also every user group.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

I don't see how. If so, then this has to be a server issue. Fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Timan
                • Sep 2002
                • 3.6.x

Found out what it was, since the vbulletin install was running on my local machine, it could not detect the ip address. I was able to access it from another computer and the rating worked perfect.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...