X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • micks80
    • Jan 2008

How to add a video to a Social Group

Hi Friends,

Is there anyway to upload/add a video to a social group?

Thanks
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There is no functionality for this built-in at this time. You would have to visit www.vbulletin.org to see if someone has provided a plugin to add this capability.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• micks80
      • Jan 2008

Thanks Wayne,
      Unfortunately i searched there before posting the question here.

I have the Auto Media Embedding mod installed and it automatically parses any youtube,google video etc links and embeds the video in the thread. I wonder why it's not working within the social groups, any ideas??

My second thought would be since social groups allows BBCode, could we allow a youtube tag or something that allows to embed the video.

It would be really nice to embed videos and make the social groups much more powerful.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

I believe that you could allow a Youtube tag. Though I haven't tested this.

As far as AME support in Social Groups, you should post this question in the thread at www.vbulletin.org.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• micks80
          • Jan 2008

Wow..now thats very strange. I defined a "youtube" BBCode and it works fine in the forums and when i try it in the Social Groups, it says bbcode youtube is invalid.

Is the BBCode in Social groups different from the bbcode in Forums? I think might be due to this same reason AME was not able to parse the links....

Please help.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
            • Feb 2005
            • 1.1.x

Just post a request to this author modification and see what reply this coder gives you.

Comment

• micks80
              • Jan 2008

I just noticed that i am using 3.7.0 beta 5 and the BBCode in Social Groups allows just Basic,Color and Linking tags.

But i see this in the release notes of 3.7.0 beta 6:
              Visitor Message / Social Group Message / Picture Comment BBCode LimitsWhile previously these were hard-coded, administrators now have the option to define exactly which bbcode tags are available for each of the three new message types.

I think that would serve my purpose but i dont want to upgrade from 3.7.0 beta 5 to beta 6 just for this one change. I wish there was some easier way,like just copying of some files.

Please help.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                • Feb 2005
                • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Kier
                vBulletin 3.7.0 Beta 5

THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE.
                IT IS UNSUPPORTED.

If you are not fully at home with backing-up and restoring your forum, dealing with bugs and regular upgrades, DO NOT INSTALL THIS BETA VERSION
                Just down vBulletin version 3.7.0 RC1 and copy over the file you have, then (Do not read after this point here.) run upgrade. I see that RC 1 has advanced editor options.

Comment

• micks80
                  • Jan 2008

Thanks a lot Jose,
                  But my only concern is if i copy over the 3.7 RC1 files and run upgrade, then don't you think i will have to re-install all the 15-20 mods/customized templates that i have on my existing environment.

Please let me know...
                  Thanks

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

You probably won't have to reinstall your mods and the template changes from beta 5 to RC 1 are not that dramatic. I upgraded my site from vBulletin 3.6.8 PL2 to 3.7.0 RC1 without having to edit a single template or change any of my 30+ products installed on the site.

Even with that, we allow a development installation in a "testvb" directory. It would be best to perform upgrades on a duplicate of your existing database and then after testing upgrade the live forums for your users.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...