X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoax
    • Jun 2006
    • 3.8.x

"Could not find phrase" Error

I recently had a mySQL problem with the 3.7 BETA 3 upgrade install. After fixing the problems with my mySQL database I now find that because the installer was interpreted previously there are now problems with the vBulletin language system. When the installed was crashing earlier it was on the page that imports vbulletin-adminhelp.xml.

Everything on my forum works great but when I login the Admin control panel throws out these phrase messages.

Could not find phrase 'login'.
    Could not find phrase 'invalid_file_specified'.
    Could not find phrase 'security_alert_x_still_exists'.
    I tried re-importing and then rebuilding the language XML file but the problem remains. I even tried using the upgrade script again the the problem remained. Importing the vbulletin-adminhelp.xml file does not seem to do anything.

Any help would be great.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Try this. Reupload the original vbulletin-language.xml file to the install directory. Then upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Then reimport the vbulletin-language.xml file. Immediately remove tools.php when you are done.

Then run this in the Admin CP:

AdminCP -> Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager -> [Rebuild All Languages]
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hoax
      • Jun 2006
      • 3.8.x

Worked perfect. Thanks a million

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...