X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cscoroner
    • Apr 2008
    • 3.6.x

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_replace() in

I know this has been posted but was caused for various reason, not mine.

We asked the host to upgrade php from 4.3.13 to 5 or above in order to ad a mod that is posted over at vbulletin.org that requires the upgrade. I sent the owner detailed instructions on how to accomplish this along with a data base back up and all forums files as well to pass this onto his host. Apparently the host performed the upgrade but at this point failed to import the tables.

Here's the full error line:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_replace() in /home/XXXXXadmin/www/rippersplace.com/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1916

We can not access the admin cp or any area of the board. I guess what I'm asking is that in the event that the host failed to clone a copy of the original db prior to upgrading, are we going to have to reinstall the entire board and all the mods and styles? Also, if they did make a clone copy, how do we connect or ping the board to reconnect with it or the new version of php once the tables are imported from the back up.

Please let us know. The board has been down all day and if there's going to be some major modding to do to put this board back to where it was I need to move fast because I don't have any time off from work to spend on it.

Thank you for all your efforts and continued support....
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is more likely to be from a missing file than a database issue. The first thing I would do is reupload the original vB files for your version to see if that fixes this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...