Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or ???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Please read post #14.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• BizAdventure
      • Sep 2007

Hello, I got the exact same message, but we are using the updated version of vBulletin - 3.7.0

Your suggestion in #14 points to a 3.6.x version, and I don't think that would apply. This does not happen across the board, but we are finding more and more people not able to log in, and getting this message.

Any other fixes for this?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Create a new style with no parent style and see if the problem occurs in that style. If not, then template changes haven't been applied to all of your templates and you may need to revert them and add back any customisations.

To check this, go to:

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Find Updated Templates
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• katman
          • Oct 2002
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Trevster
          Create a new style with no parent style and see if the problem occurs in that style. If not, then template changes haven't been applied to all of your templates and you may need to revert them and add back any customisations.

To check this, go to:

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Find Updated Templates
          Did this, still getting the error in version 3.7.

Comment

• katman
            • Oct 2002
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Please read post #14.
            Still getting the error in 3.7 even with new template created with no parent.

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched."

Comment

• Newmomsforum
              • Apr 2006
              • 3.6.x

Another one running 3.7.0 having a couple (not all) members with this issue.

Anyone think the issue could be browser related?
              Getting Down under | Download2me | Newsgab | Careercraft | Newmomsforum | Freeware Downloads

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Have them empty their browser cache or try another browser.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• joomlajon
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 3.8.x

Got the same

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please xxx and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

This was when I was trying to submit an edit in a blog comment.

Just vBulletin 3.7.0 and the blog plugin.

Comment

• katman
                    • Oct 2002
                    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by joomlajon
                    Got the same

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please xxx and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

This was when I was trying to submit an edit in a blog comment.

Just vBulletin 3.7.0 and the blog plugin.
                    I've experienced the same problem in IE7, Firefox and Safari.

Comment

• katman
                      • Oct 2002
                      • 3.5.x

Have them empty their browser cache or try another browser.
                      I empty my browser cache every time I close my browser, IE7, Firefox and Safari. Problem still exists in all of them.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

Please read he sticky at the top of this forum, then if you still have a problem please start your own thread. Thank you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• member007
                          • May 2006
                          • 3.6.x

I have the same problem when creating blog category

I have the same problem with the security token when creating a new blog category. This is what it said:
                          Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

Post #26.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• katman
                              • Oct 2002
                              • 3.5.x

Post #26.

I've tried all of your suggestions in this thread and the sticky at the top of this forum and none of them have worked so why should I go back to the top and read it again and do it all over again or start my own thread for the same problem?

How about fixing the problem with the software rather than simply blowing us off? The CSRF updates should have been included in the final release of 3.7. We shouldn't need to 'hack' a new release to fix a problem.
                              Last edited by katman; Fri 9 May '08, 3:25pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                                • Jul 2000

I'm not 'blowing' you off. Please start your own thread with all the relevant details,. Sorry that wasn't clear from post #6.

And an unmodifed 3.7.0 does not have this problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...