• Show
Clear All
  • varduga
    • Nov 2007
    • 3.6.x

Scheduling Tasks

Hey guys,

I need some help..

I have to run the "Fix Broken User Profiles" utility daily for our forum (never mind why), and I was wondering if there is a way to schedule the task to run everyday at say... mid-night.

Is this possible?

THANKS Y'ALL!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You should never have to run this, especially daily. This means the you have installed a modification or add-on that is breaking this function.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• varduga
      • Nov 2007
      • 3.6.x

Nah, it's a long story, and we've got about $10,000 into the reason why we need to run this daily, so I don't think it's going to change any time soon.

Is there a way to schedule tasks?

THANKS STEVE!

Pat

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

You woukld have to write a custom script to do that. Since this requires custom coding, try asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• varduga
          • Nov 2007
          • 3.6.x

Ahh, I see. Well thanks for the tips! We're hoping to go totally vB in the future...

Thanks again Steve Alcohol!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...