Moderate people wanting to join a usergroup and auto subscription to forum digest

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doubleclick
    • Jun 2004

Moderate people wanting to join a usergroup and auto subscription to forum digest

I have created a usergroup and a forum for a group of professionals. I have it setup as a joinable group, and would like two things to happen automatically when they join:
    1. Their request is sent to a moderation queue that I can approve or deny adminssion to this usergroup, since this group has higher than default permissions. (I don't want spammers to get this level.)
    2. Once approved, they will automatically be subscribed to their forum, and automatically receive a daily digest from their it.
    How can I accomplish either or both of these?

Thanks,
    DC
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

1. Keep it a public joinable usergroup, but add a group leader to it. This way the group leader has to approve the joins.

2. This is not possible, the default digest settings apply to everybody. You can set them in the admincp > vboptions > user registration options

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...