Clear All
  • z0diac
    • Oct 2006

Banned IP - user still gets on

USERNAME Viewing Index
    Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Guest Viewing Index
    Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

I banned that IP address. Should he be able to get online still???
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

You have to you what your host provides you with or you can manually add this to ./root .htaccess file
    Code:
    ## USER IP BANNING
    <Limit GET POST>
     order allow,deny
     deny from 24.150.206.169
     allow from all
    </Limit>

Comment

• z0diac
      • Oct 2006

THanks!

Yah - I know I can ban in .htaccess - but for temporary bans I suspect I'll forget to change it back. I was just hoping the vB IP banning actually works correctly - with the example I posted previously, I'm not sure if that is working, or not?

PS: You can also ban people like this (very effective for getting rid of pesky Yahoo spiders) :

route add -net 74.6.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 reject

so for the IP I wanted to ban,

route add -net 24.150.206.169 netmask 255.255.255.255 reject

.. would probably work well to. But after 30 days I want this guy to be allowed back automatically.

But until then, I don't want him even being able to READ posts (whether he's logged into his account, or on as a guest)

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

You will have to edit usergroup 'Unregistered / Not Logged In' and select settings to show no post to this group or request a modification from vBulletin.org to stop per user from viewing post from 'This ip address'. You can always add to 'Suggestion Forum' and maybe it will be includeed in next major release.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...