Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjcnlv
    • Feb 2002

Embed Attached Images Into Post

This feature was a part of the software we are moving from, i.e. FudForum. The interface was simple and easy to use.

On the emssage post page, the user had the ability to upload/attach images. Once attached, the user could then insert the image anywhere in the post bidy with a single click.

I have not found a way to do the same with VBulletin. 'Am I missing something.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You can use the [attach] tag to do this:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• pjcnlv
      • Feb 2002

That does not work.

Please, see http://www.baja.net/forums/showthrea...7114#post17114

The tag (attach)1184318139(/attach)

( and ) subbed for [ and ] for illustration

Returns an active link on the edited page of

Attachment 1184318139
      Last edited by pjcnlv; Fri 13 Jul '07, 7:06am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Make sure you have "View Attachments Inline" turned on under vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options and in your User CP under Edit Options check, view images inline.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• pjcnlv
          • Feb 2002

Wayne, thanks for your help so far.

I have verified that 'ACP > Message Attachment Options > View Attachment Images Inline' is set to yes and, indeed attached images show as thumbnails at the bottom of each message.

Under 'UserCP > Edit Options' for my account (Adminsitrator), I do not see a specific option for "view images inline" but I do see an option for ' Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)' which is set you "yes".

Just to be clear, we want to insert thumbnails or dimension restricted/modified images in the message body so that peoper commentary can be applied per image.

Here is an example in our old forum software:

The same in VBulletin

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Make sure you have "View Attachments Inline" turned on under vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options and in your User CP under Edit Options check, view images inline.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

That is what the attach bbcode is for. Make sure View Attachments Inline is set to "Yes" and not "Yes, if post has only one attachment". Then you would have to embed the attachment where you want it using the attach bbcode. You can only embed attachments from that post though, not other posts.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• pjcnlv
              • Feb 2002

Wayne,

The setting is confirmed as '"Yes" and not "Yes, if post has only one attachment"'. It always was that way.

It still does not work.

Using the bbcode only produces a clickable link in the post body and not an image or thumbnail.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              That is what the attach bbcode is for. Make sure View Attachments Inline is set to "Yes" and not "Yes, if post has only one attachment". Then you would have to embed the attachment where you want it using the attach bbcode. You can only embed attachments from that post though, not other posts.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...