Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yaoren
    • May 2007

Attachment showing Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

I'm having some difficulty uploading some attachments. Didn't really ever try to do this and did some moderations to the board and found I can't. Deleated the mods in hope to fix this issue but still have the same problem. Every time I try to upload certain file types, for example .zip or .mpg I then get

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

( no error message or anything else..just straight to the page )

Although jpg seems to work fine. Any ideas on what this could be? I have double checked the MIME settings, set permissions for usergroups and while viewing other threads to troubleshoot myself I have attempted to run a upload dianostic which took me to the exact same page.

Not sure if there's some .php file that I can reupload from VB before I made changes. Any help is appreciated.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Hello,

Thank you for contacting vBulletin Support.

Before we continue, a bit more information might be helpful.

Which version of vBulletin are you running?
    What kind of modifications did you have installed?
    Is the hook system turned off?
    When you go to 'file suspect' diagnostics, does it report any customized files?
    Does this happen to one user, or all users?
    Can you reproduce this on FireFox or Safari?
    Can you reproduce this on a default new style?
    (add a new style, set parent to none, and load that style)

And how do you store your attachments? In the database or in the file system?

Hopefully with a bit more info we can dive into the problem and fix it quickly.

All the best,

Comment

• Yaoren
      • May 2007

Sorry Floris I failed to add some info you were looking for.

Anyhow to run down the list:

1. Version 3.6.7
      2. Mods I Installed were Downloads II and Links and Download Manager
      3. Tried with the hooks on and off.
      4. In 'file suspect' diagnostics, doesn't report any customized files. Only thing different was

.includes
      functions_forumlist.php (states: file does not contain expected contents)

5. As far as I know all users...since we really don't have too many users....just other Admin and I are using forum at this point in time.
      6. Happens in Firefox as well.
      7. All styles were always set to no parent.
      8. Attachments are stored in database.

Tried working on all of these possible scenarios but still no luck and it only seems to be on new attachment files that we manually add or fix.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

It sounds like the download addon is in relation to attachments or files in the database. Perhaps the database has been changed in such a way it introduced this bug, despite the hook system on or off. Check with the author to see if this is a known issue reported to them.

Comment

• Yaoren
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Floris
          It sounds like the download addon is in relation to attachments or files in the database. Perhaps the database has been changed in such a way it introduced this bug, despite the hook system on or off. Check with the author to see if this is a known issue reported to them.
          Checked with the author and they stated it shouldn't be a problem with the mods. They recommended that I check the php.ini file. Problem is I can't locate it. Where do I start looking for this file? Any help is appreciated.I

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Could they give an argument why the php.ini file could be responsible for a default vBulletin attachment to not show in internet explorer, but does work in firefox? By default vBulletin, this never happens, you are the first to report this. And you've got this module installed at one point, and it's in relation to downloading files. Not sure what else to say.

Comment

• Yaoren
              • May 2007

Originally posted by Floris
              Could they give an argument why the php.ini file could be responsible for a default vBulletin attachment to not show in internet explorer, but does work in firefox? By default vBulletin, this never happens, you are the first to report this. And you've got this module installed at one point, and it's in relation to downloading files. Not sure what else to say.
              Trying to get the author of the mod to help us out more with this issue...but if all else fails, I'll be removing those 2 mods and seeing if I can attach the files, if not is there a file that I can reinstall?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...