X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal Error vB_Database_Alter

Whenever I try and uninstall a product, or go into the place where to switch searching types, I am getting this error.

I understand that this has something to do with xcache, I reverted all my edits in php.ini and reuploaded all vbulletin files, and disabled hooks, and I still get this error.

Code:
    Fatal error: Direct Instantiation of vB_Database_Alter class prohibited. in /includes/class_dbalter.php on line 106
    Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like this is a problem with XCache:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...on#post1311520
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hello,

After my host uninstalling Xcache, I am still getting this error.

Code:
      Fatal error: Direct Instantiation of vB_Database_Alter class prohibited. in /includes/class_dbalter.php on line 106

Comment

This has been confirmed as a problem with XCache as a quick search on these forums show. The only non-XCache one I could find was fixed after the customer ran repair/optimize on the database. You can try that.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you.&nbsp; I apologize, but we did not fully uninstall xcache.&nbsp; It works now.<br>

Comment

Glad to hear I wasn't completely off base.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
            X