Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set visible mode to all users?

Hi,

Which queries to run to set visible mode to all user?

Thank you.

Invisible
    On: UPDATE user SET options=options + 512 WHERE NOT(options & 512)
    Off: UPDATE user SET options=options - 512 WHERE options & 512
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

That was fast!

Thank you colin.

Comment

I'm not sure you need to run anything to set them all visible, as there are option in the ACP which will disallow the invisible mode. I'm unsure if this is what you actually wanted, but may be easier then queries...

ACP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit (usergroup) > "Can Set Self to Invisible Mode" set to NO

At least I assume setting that for general users should bump them visible...but then, if it's a matter of hidden members just annoying you, set it so that admin (and maybe mods) can see invisible people...

Same place as above, but "Can 'See' Users Who Have Chosen to be Invisible While Online" set to YES

Comment

Personality split

Originally posted by Qryztufre View Post
          "Can 'See' Users Who Have Chosen to be Invisible While Online" set to YES
          You could set all groups to YES, then replace the text in the UserCP > Edit Options from "set self to Invisible mode" to something like "Accent name with Astrix" and then alter the "invisible" icons to "special"

A heck of a lot more complicated, and for the most part completely pointless, but IMHO, it would be funny...

*shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
            Invisible
            On: UPDATE user SET options=options + 512 WHERE NOT(options & 512)
            Off: UPDATE user SET options=options - 512 WHERE options & 512
            Somehow all my users got set as invisible. To set them all as visible again, would I just put...

"UPDATE user SET options=options - 512 WHERE options & 512"

(without quotes) in the query box from the admin cp?

Comment

That's correct
              Best Regards
              Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
                That's correct
                Thank you!

Comment

This is what i'm looking for, almost

How do i set all member of a usergroup invisible. Something like what you posted above but with usergroup =X where X is usergroup id ?

UPDATE user SET options=options + 512 WHERE NOT(options & 512)

Comment

Add:

Code:
                     AND usergoupid = <usergroupid>
                    to the query.
                    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Notsure if you meant usergroupid ?
                      I tried to run these

UPDATE user SET options=options + 512 WHERE NOT(options & 512) AND usergroupid = <18>
                      UPDATE user SET options=options + 512 WHERE NOT(options & 512) AND usergroupid = <18,19,20,21,22>
                      UPDATE user SET options=options + 512 WHERE NOT(options & 512) AND usergroupid = 18
                      UPDATE user SET options=options + 512 WHERE NOT(options & 512) AND usergroupid = 18,19,20,21,22

All of them results in
                      error desc: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 18

Edit
                      I have to remove the space before the usergroupid for it to work. And I had to do it group by group
                      UPDATE user SET options=options + 512 WHERE NOT(options & 512) AND usergroupid =18
                      UPDATE user SET options=options + 512 WHERE NOT(options & 512) AND usergroupid =19
                      and so on

thank you very much
                      Last edited by quantnet; Wed 28th Mar '07, 5:00am.

Comment

If you wanted it to run on multiple groups, then you could have used:

Code:
                        UPDATE user SET options=options + 512 WHERE NOT(options & 512) AND usergroupid IN (18,19,20,21,22)
                        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Sorry to bump

How can I turn it off for a specific user only ?
                          I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

Comment

Working...
                          X