Fatal Error!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal Error!?

This error has just started happening (or a blank page). Any idea what's happened anyone?

Fatal error: Direct instantiation of vB_Postbit class prohibited. Use the vB_Postbit_Factory class. in /includes/class_postbit.php on line 239

Using v3.6.4 @ www.rabbitson.com

Have you changed or installed anything ?
    Note: I work for Internet Brands, however, my posts are my own personal views, unless specified otherwise.

Comment

The last change was upgrading from v3.6.2 -> v3.6.4 but that was a few days ago. Other than that it's just been routine stuff. The last thing I actually did was check (and reset) the permissions of a particular user group, and then a particular user, for a forum that is supposed to be hidden.

Comment

Update

It's working again now (well, the error has gone). I turned the board off and started to go through the logs to see if somebody had made an unauthorised change (by accident). Whilst there I thought I may as well prune the logs... went back to the board and hey presto!

Is this related?

Comment

Originally posted by siwhite View Post
          Update

It's working again now (well, the error has gone). I turned the board off and started to go through the logs to see if somebody had made an unauthorised change (by accident). Whilst there I thought I may as well prune the logs... went back to the board and hey presto!

Is this related?
          Sadly this hasn't solved the issue.

Comment

Make sure all files have the expected contents:

AdminCP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions
            Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
            Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Thanks Marco.

Doing that yeilds the following results (this is a pdf file):

http://www.home.rabbitson.com/diags.pdf

Comment

To troubleshoot this, please remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.
                Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If your problem still exists, please create a new Style with no Parent set. Now browse the forum using this new style.
                Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

OK Marco, thanks. I'll let you know how I get on.

Comment

I've done all of the above but the errors still occur. It is driving me, and my members, mad. Any other ideas at all?

Comment

Honestly I don't see any way to get this error with the original vB code. Are you absolutely sure you have uploade the original vB files and disabled all plugins?
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Absolutely positive Steve

I'm happy to give you free reign to the site to have a look around if it'll help.

The error itself sometimes just goes away. Creating a new style for example seemed to have been the answer. Everything was OK for several hours then... blank pages or fatal error messages.

I decided yesterday to move the entire forum to a different host with a fresh install. So far all seems to be well - we'll see I guess.

Comment

Working...
                        X