Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pinopio
    • Jul 2005

How can I add Subforums in the main page

Can someone tell me please how can i add subforums in the main page for each section to look like this here

Any help or instructions will be very apreciate it.

Thanks
  • slappy
    • Apr 2003

Step 1:

Go to AdminCP -> Forums & Moderators -> Add New Forum

Add the Title of your New Forum. Look at the bottom of this first box and you will see: Parent Forum

There is a dropdownbox to the right in which you find the name of the Forum in which you will be creating the Sub-Forum.

The Display Order is used when you have more than one Sub-Forum. The one with #1 will be listed first, #2 second, and so on. Further down you pick the Style Options and you select the Style you want to use from the dropdownbox. Also set the other Options. SAVE.

Step 2:

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Listing Display Options -> (Set) Depth of Sub-Forum (at a number greater than "Depth of Forums" )

"If you have forums below the depth specified in the 'Depth of Forums' settings above, you can display them as sub-forum links in each forum's display area."

Show Forum Descriptions in Forum Listings

Show forum descriptions below forum titles in forum listings? YES

Regards,
    Slappy

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Why, what do they look like at your forum now?

Comment

• pinopio
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Zachery
        Why, what do they look like at your forum now?
        That picture was took from this forum, my forum looks like this one here www.domain.tv

Thank you so much guys, thanks god I went with vB
        Last edited by pinopio; Mon 3 Jul '06, 1:55pm. Reason: Editing website

Comment

• pinopio
          • Jul 2005

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by slappy
          Step 1:

Go to AdminCP -> Forums & Moderators -> Add New Forum

Add the Title of your New Forum. Look at the bottom of this first box and you will see: Parent Forum

There is a dropdownbox to the right in which you find the name of the Forum in which you will be creating the Sub-Forum.

The Display Order is used when you have more than one Sub-Forum. The one with #1 will be listed first, #2 second, and so on. Further down you pick the Style Options and you select the Style you want to use from the dropdownbox. Also set the other Options. SAVE.

Step 2:

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Listing Display Options -> (Set) Depth of Sub-Forum (at a number greater than "Depth of Forums" )

"If you have forums below the depth specified in the 'Depth of Forums' settings above, you can display them as sub-forum links in each forum's display area."

Show Forum Descriptions in Forum Listings

Show forum descriptions below forum titles in forum listings? YES

Regards,
          Thank you so much Slappy, you the man. I will try it in a few hours and I will report back.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

slappy posted the correct instructions on how to change it to work like it does here. If this does not work, what were you trying for?

Comment

• pinopio
              • Jul 2005

It works great, but what I will like to do is the same but for only 2 forum sections and not the whole forum. Can this be posible? Did I explain myself

Ok, I have many subforums in diferent forums sections, but I dont want to show this http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...4/Image1-1.jpg in every forum but only 2 of them. Can that be posible?

Any answer i will appreciate it

Thank you guys

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

You'd have to to use a template conditional to make it only happen for the 2 specific forums

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Click on << >> > Find the forumhome template group and expand ti > Edit the forumhome_forumbit_level2_post template and find

$childforumbits

Change it too

<if condition="$forum[forumid] == X or $forum[forumid] == Y">$childforumbits</if>

Comment

• pinopio
                  • Jul 2005

Woooohooooooooo Works great Zachery.

Thank you so much

Comment

• pinopio
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Zachery
                    You'd have to to use a template conditional to make it only happen for the 2 specific forums

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Click on << >> > Find the forumhome template group and expand ti > Edit the forumhome_forumbit_level2_post template and find

$childforumbits

Change it too

<if condition="$forum[forumid] == X or $forum[forumid] == Y">$childforumbits</if>
                    nope, I was looking at the wrong thing. Ok, once I have done this what I will need to follow. I tried but dont know how to set which forums I want to show the subforums and which ones not

Thanks,

Comment

• mjp
                      • Nov 2003

You need to replace X and Y in the example with the actual forum ID numbers. Any number you put in there will show the subforums for that forum.

Comment

• pinopio
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by mjp
                        You need to replace X and Y in the example with the actual forum ID numbers. Any number you put in there will show the subforums for that forum.
                        One more question and hopefully im done . In my case I want to do this to 3 diferent sections. Where you say replace X with the ID number of the forum I want the sections to appear and Y with the SubForum ID from the X section, how can I add multiple forums in this very same code.

Is this correct?
                        <if condition="$forum[forumid] == 4 or $forum[forumid] == 2, 3">$childforumbits</if>

See what i want is to have those 2 sections from forum ID #4 to be able to show the subforum in the main page

Comment

• mjp
                          • Nov 2003

Try:

<if condition="$forum[forumid] == 2 or $forum[forumid] == 3">$childforumbits</if>

You can't just comma-delimit additional forum IDs, you have to add to the if statement:

<if condition="$forum[forumid] == 2 or $forum[forumid] == 3 or $forum[forumid] == 4 or $forum[forumid] == 5 or $forum[forumid] == 6">$childforumbits</if>

Comment

• Colin F
                            • May 2004

You can use this though:

<if condition="in_array($forum[forumid], array(2,3,4,5,6))">$childforumbits</if>
                            Best Regards
                            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...