Forum Link URL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Link URL

I know it's been covered a few times here, but I just cant get it to work correctly. I want to have a forum link on my front page go straight to the URL with out going through the redirection.

I have edited forumhome_forumbit_level1_post and forumhome_forumbit_level2_post but it didn't seem to make any sort of change.

<if condition="$forum['link']">
    <a href="$forum[link]" target="_blank"><strong>$forum[title]</strong></a>
    <else />
    <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$forum[forumid]"><strong>$forum[title]</strong></a>
    </if>

I upgraded from 3.0.7 to 3.5.1 last night. This was working fine before the upgrade, but I reverted all my custom templates and started from scratch to make sure I got everything right, and this just doesn't seem to want to work. Am I doing something obviously wrong?

That should work. Maybe you are editing the wrong style. Or maybe the link forum is a category in which case you would need to edit the "nopost" templates.

Comment

The links in question were in a sub form. I ended up having to edit forumhome_subforumbit_post to get it to work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
      X