• Nov 2002

Unable to move/copy file

My users get this error when trying to upload avatars:

Unable to move/copy file

How do I fix this?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, the first thing you need to do is remove any hacks or plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Taco John
      • Nov 2002

I got this error... Which is odd as my host insists that safe mode is turned off...

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10001 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /includes/class_upload.php on line 341

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

In the Admin CP, click on vBulletin Options and open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Taco John
          • Nov 2002

Gah!

Fixed it. For some reason I had the settings in the CPanel as if the server ran in PHP safe mode set to yes. I set it to "no" and everything works now.

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...