Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Staticfire
    • May 2004

When exactly...

When exactly is 3.5 gold expected to be released..a rough guess works, Im just wondering because my members area access expired but im planning to renew it when 3.5 goes gold.
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

This hasn't been announced yet.
    What has been said is that a Beta 5 and Gamma version are not to be expected, so personally I'm betting on July/August.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Staticfire
      • May 2004

Well is 3.5 Beta stable enough to run my site on?

Comment

• Colin F
        • May 2004

It's officially not recommended.

On the other hand, last I heard one bug regarding user titles was holding up Beta 4, so I wouldn't expect too many problems.
        Other sites have it running, and if you don't mind updating your forum when a new version comes out, I'd go ahead with Beta 3.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Comment

• feldon23
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.7.x

If you have significantly modified the appearance and/or code of vBulletin 3 and/or are using add-ons, you are not a good candidate for vBulletin 3.5 Beta at this time. Wait for the final and maybe wait until the add-ons/code modifications you've made can be redone in a way that supports vB3.5.

Comment

• MGM
            • Aug 2002
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Colin F
            It's officially not recommended.

On the other hand, last I heard one bug regarding user titles was holding up Beta 4, so I wouldn't expect too many problems.
            Other sites have it running, and if you don't mind updating your forum when a new version comes out, I'd go ahead with Beta 3.
            I believe that bug was fixed last week

MGM out

Comment

• Staticfire
              • May 2004

Nope if thats the only problem there is I might as well run 3.5 beta...I have no problem upgrading it when new upgrades come out. I stopped using hacks on my vB because I got tired of re-adding them every time I upgraded, so I currently have no changes to the vB script at all on my forums...except for the skins...will all of my skins still work on 3.5?

Comment

• Colin F
                • May 2004

You'll have to check your templates against those that require a revert.
                These are listed in the announcements to each Beta release.
                If you have any of the templates modified that need to be reverted, you'll have to either revert them and reapply your custom changes or follow the instructions that are posted underneath some templates in the announcement.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...