X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "includes/config.php"

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

I have CHMod the config.php file that was in the includes folder to 777.
    And no luck there. I even tried 644 and 666.

The file permissions on config.php have nothing to do with this. One or more of the db settings in your config.php file is wrong. You need to check these and enter the correct settings.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

double check your dbusername and dbname in the config.php file - some hosts use a tag before these names - such as pady_ so if i had a user called pady it would be pady_pady

if you have already done this try it without - i have used 2 different hosts and each was complete opposites

Comment

Originally posted by Pady
        double check your dbusername and dbname in the config.php file - some hosts use a tag before these names - such as pady_ so if i had a user called pady it would be pady_pady

if you have already done this try it without - i have used 2 different hosts and each was complete opposites
        Still no luck

I've added/edited my username to "com" so it would be "name_com" and rechecked my password.

// ****** DATABASE SERVER NAME ******
        // This is the hostname or IP address of the database server.
        // It is in the format HOST:PORT. If no PORT is specified, 3306 is used.
        // If you are unsure of what to put here, leave it at the default value.
        $servername = 'localhost';

// ****** DATABASE USERNAME & PASSWORD ******
        // This is the username and password you use to access MySQL.
        // These must be obtained through your webhost.
        $dbusername = 'name_com';
        $dbpassword = 'dbpassword';

// ****** DATABASE NAME ******
        // This is the name of the database where your vBulletin will be located.
        // This must be created by your webhost.
        $dbname = 'forum';

Comment

This error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

$dbusername
          $dbpassword
          $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL
          to create a database. You may need to first manually create the database and assign the db user to it. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
          X