Clear All
  • Dream
    • Mar 2001
    • 3.6.x

is this available in vb3

Im going to use just this thread whenever I think of something

Can I:
    1) Lock users and set a 'banned' title under their names
    2) Set an usergroup to a section (category of forum)
    3) Set a 'section moderator' (category or forum)
    4) Can moderators change the style (not templates) of their forums
    5) Can users rate themselves based on behavior
    6) Set folder filters on PMs or have a user choose a pre-defined subject on sending a PM to a board admin (spare me the "how about making vb check for pop email" reply)
    7) Set birthdays to show only on the usergroup 'section' (category or forum) they are on
    8) Make important calendar events pop-up
    9) Ban a user from a forum or category
    10) Make a category or forum an 'archive'
    11) Make a calendar event viewable only for a usergroup and board admins
    12) Add the thread start date under the thread starter name
    13) Add words to filter usernames
    14) Add .swf (flash) to posts
    15) Delete all posts made by a given user in a forum
    16) Set a number of posts a given user can post in a day, or remove his ability to post notes for a given period
    17) Add moderator notes to a member, viewable only by other moderators
    18) Sort avatars alphabetically

These are not suggestions.
    Radio and TV Player for vBulletin
  • Princess Nikida
    • Sep 2001

Off the top of my head (from the feature list):

3) You can set a usergroup mod for public user groups (joinable) and a forum mod...

4) I don't think so

9) Via access masks, otherwise not sure

11) Yes

14) Most likely. If you don't have HTML enabled, then you would need to create a "flash" bb code

16) Remove his ability to post notes for a given period = Yes (by setting up a non-posting usergroup and "banning" him into that group for the specified period of time.

17) Yes
    "A man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. He sits on a hot stove for a minute, it's longer than any hour. That is relativity." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• Game Wizards
      • Jan 2003

1) Lock users and set a 'banned' title under their names -- Yes, I believe so.

2) Set an usergroup to a section (category of forum) -- Yup, using permissions.

3) Set a 'section moderator' (category or forum) -- Yes, forum.

4) Can moderators change the style (not templates) of their forums -- I don't think so.

5) Can users rate themselves based on behavior -- No

6) Set folder filters on PMs or have a user choose a pre-defined subject on sending a PM to a board admin (spare me the "how about making vb check for pop email" reply) -- If I understand what you mean, Nope

7) Set birthdays to show only on the usergroup 'section' (category or forum) they are on -- Don't think so

8) Make important calendar events pop-up -- No

9) Ban a user from a forum or category -- Yes, using access masks I believe.

10) Make a category or forum an 'archive' -- Just not make it open for new posts. I do.

11) Make a calendar event viewable only for a usergroup and board admins -- You can make public and private calander events.

12) Add the thread start date under the thread starter name -- It's already in thread information on viewing the thread.

13) Add words to filter usernames -- You can disallow usernames

14) Add .swf (flash) to posts -- Add extra vB Code or allow HTML.

15) Delete all posts made by a given user in a forum -- Yeah, but I think you have to remove the user or something.

16) Set a number of posts a given user can post in a day, or remove his ability to post notes for a given period -- Maybe a Hack

17) Add moderator notes to a member, viewable only by other moderators -- I think this is a hack somewhere, I just make a mod/admin only forum for this. With Warnings, Bannings and General talk.

18) Sort avatars alphabetically -- Not sure.

Hope I've helped.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...