Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burbad
    • Jul 2005

separate background images surrounding forum

I've searched thru numerous threads and can't seem to find someone who already asked this question. The closest thread i found was

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101599 - but the problem with that is it's underneath the logo

Several helpful replies to other background related threads involve placing code into the 'header' and 'footer' templates, but i soon found out that this places the images underneath the logo. i'm still quite very new to this php stuff =) If someone could help me, i would greatly appreciate it. thank you for ur time.

example of what i'm trying to do

but what i'm trying to accomplish is having a fixed left-border image (jpg1) align flush up against the top left side of the forum. Doing the same thing for the right side, except for sourcing to the right-border image (jpg2)

Then, if possible, to have image 3 (jpg3) to repeat to the bottom of the forums.
    Last edited by burbad; Mon 22 Aug '05, 12:18am.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Try code like this in the Background field of the Body class, where the background image is an entire backdrop and the color code is the color behind the backdrop:

Code:
    #[color=orange]123456[/color] url([color=red]path/to/backdrop.gif[/color]) no-repeat top center
    You might also use a "fixed" attribute (test it to see what it does):

Code:
    #[color=orange]123456[/color] url([color=red]path/to/backdrop.gif[/color]) no-repeat top center fixed
    Using code like this, you can put the left and right images on the same backdrop image such that they are outside the width of your forum. For example, if your forum is 800 pixels wide, then the backdrop image would look like this:

Code:
    |---left---|--------------800px wide--------------|---right---|
    A method like this is far easier than what you are trying to do, and you don't sacrafice much.

Comment

• burbad
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Code:
      |---left---|--------------800px wide--------------|---right---|
      A method like this is far easier than what you are trying to do, and you don't sacrafice much.
      i wasn't for sure if it could be done with just 1 background image, but that does make sense and sounds 10x easier, i'll play around with it.

thank you for ur help jake

Comment

• forteanajones
        • Aug 2002
        • 3.6.x

In my case, my right-hand image is a mirror reversal of my left-hand image. Is that feasible?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

Replied here:

Yes. You can still put both on the same backdrop.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...