Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gabe333
    • Apr 2005

Forum Contains New Posts

I got a minor problem, when you view all the topics in a forum and than you go back to index. it still shows the image for "Forum Contains New Post" although you have seen all new posts

But if you go to the forum after viewing all topics and press refresh in the browser. The icon status does change to "Forum Contains No New Posts" if you go back index.

Is this a problem with the settings or server? Is my question making sense? Simply asking why the icon next to the forum doesnt update after viewing all new posts.

thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The vB read system is session-based and this is standard behavior. For some reason my users never have problems with this, but your complaint is not unusual. The Devs are considering a major change to how this works for future versions. You can read about this in the 'Under Consideration' sub-forum:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Gabe333
      • Apr 2005

Thanks, is there anything i can do to fix this on my forums?

Something i noticed. On the forums a new post was made, i went to check it, than went back to index. Still shows "Forum Contains New Posts" than i click on the forums again and go back to index the image changed.

After going to the forum a second time the image change

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

This is normal behavior. The read system is session-based. You will need to mark all forums read to clear these, or let your session expire.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...