Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samacohen
    • Apr 2004

Search Engines

I would like to make sure that my forums are indexed by search engines.

Will search engines index php pages? Or will they only index the html archives?

Also, besides the usual things you do to get listed in search engines, is there anything special that you should do when it comes to getting your forums indexed -- beside just turning on the archives.

Also, I am not using the forum home page, but directly linking to forum display pages from html pages in the site. Will that hurt indexing?

Thank You
    Sam
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by samacohen
    Will search engines index php pages? Or will they only index the html archives?
    Some will, some won't. The archive is a backup for search engines that don't do PHP pages.

Also, besides the usual things you do to get listed in search engines, is there anything special that you should do when it comes to getting your forums indexed -- beside just turning on the archives.
    I don't know. I'm not very experienced with that sort of thing.

Also, I am not using the forum home page, but directly linking to forum display pages from html pages in the site. Will that hurt indexing?
    It shouldn't.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...