X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archive Old Posts

Hi..I want to move all old posts into an archive forum, which can be viewed but not posted on. I also want to preserve the forum tree, but I only want "archive" (not all the forums) displayed on the main page. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks.

-Andrewski

Do you mean the vB3 Archive link? Those are not separate posts. They are just reading the available posts on your forums.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No, I want to move a bunch of old posts into an "archive" category for viewing only.

Comment

Create your Archive directory with the appropriate permissions, then use the Mass Move function in the Admin CP.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I would like tosee this as well. I had this in FuseTalk. Basically 2 identical tables to posts and threads but they only store archived stuff that you want in there. I think it eases the burden on the main forum not having to go through so many threads/posts. In the search, u could an option to search current, archived or both.

Comment

Working...
          X