what is the format of the touserarray field?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr3g0
    • Jan 2004

what is the format of the touserarray field?

Does anyone know the correct format of the touserarray field in the pmtext table?

Example entry:

a:1:{i:108;s:7:"some idiot";}

I sussed out that:
    • a = # of recipients
    • i = userid
    • s ???????
    • <user's name>
    I can't suss out what that "s" is for..!

can anyone help?
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

Originally posted by gr3g0
    Does anyone know the correct format of the touserarray field in the pmtext table?

Example entry:

a:1:{i:108;s:7:"some idiot";}

I sussed out that:
    • a = # of recipients
    • i = userid
    • s ???????
    • <user's name>
    I can't suss out what that "s" is for..!

can anyone help?
    Actually

The field is stored as a serialized array. What this means is that until you pull it back into PHP and run it through unserialize(), it won't be usable.

What exactly are you trying to do with it?

Comment

• gr3g0
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by tubedogg
      Actually

The field is stored as a serialized array. What this means is that until you pull it back into PHP and run it through unserialize(), it won't be usable.

What exactly are you trying to do with it?
      Thanks for reading

it's actually a hack from vBulletin.org which isn't working. Judging by the thread dying there the support is limited so I thought I'd have a bash fixing it myself ('cept I'm an ASP man, not PHP...)

The thread is http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59927 but to cut to the chase: it should send a PM to a user that gets "warned", but it only seems to work if i warn someone with a userid < 10 (ie single digits!)

I just noticed that the "s" is the number of characters in the user name tho. Not sure that helps me

The PM goes to the pmtext table but the user never receives it...
      It seems, however that the "userid" field in the pm table is wrong tho... Only parses the first digit of userid to this table
      Last edited by gr3g0; Thu 1 Apr '04, 11:56am. Reason: thought of somthing else!

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

Originally posted by gr3g0
        Thanks for reading

it's actually a hack from vBulletin.org which isn't working. Judging by the thread dying there the support is limited so I thought I'd have a bash fixing it myself ('cept I'm an ASP man, not PHP...)

The thread is http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59927 but to cut to the chase: it should send a PM to a user that gets "warned", but it only seems to work if i warn someone with a userid < 10 (ie single digits!)

I just noticed that the "s" is the number of characters in the user name tho. Not sure that helps me

The PM goes to the pmtext table but the user never receives it...
        It seems, however that the "userid" field in the pm table is wrong tho... Only parses the first digit of userid to this table
        I'm not sure what's wrong with the hack, though it seems to be correctly using the touserarray column.

Anyway, touserarray is, once unserialized, an array, like this:
        array($userid => $username)
        If the PM is being sent to more than one user, it would look similar to this:
        array($userid => $username, $userid2 => $username2)
        etc.

For hacking help you'll really need to ask over at vBulletin.org, though, sorry.

Comment

• gr3g0
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by tubedogg
          I'm not sure what's wrong with the hack, though it seems to be correctly using the touserarray column.

Anyway, touserarray is, once unserialized, an array, like this:
          array($userid => $username)
          If the PM is being sent to more than one user, it would look similar to this:
          array($userid => $username, $userid2 => $username2)
          etc.

For hacking help you'll really need to ask over at vBulletin.org, though, sorry.
          Thanks for the pointer though Very much appreciated!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...