Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crystallized
    • Feb 2001

Global Moderator Question

Back when 2.0 came out, there was a problem with Global Moderators showing up under "Modify Forums" in the AdminCP, now that that is fixed, I'm having yet another problem, long time ago, I put 8 moderators as moderators of "No One" in the AdminCP, thus making them disappear...now that I can see them, I want to make a global moderator with parent "No One", but it won't work anymore, how do I make them a moderator of ALL forums, instead of just a particular forum?
  • Chen
    • Jun 2001

Simply remove them from the forums like (Click Edit under Forums and Moderators), then goto their user profile, and choose Super Moderator for their user group.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Crystallized
      • Feb 2001

Hey

Well, I'm not accomplishing what I intended to do. I want them to show up on the main page under "Moderators" for all the forums; all 8 of them. Making them a Super Moderator gives them the same access to do things as they had before. If one of the Developers can help me with this topic, it would be great, I want to make a "Global Moderator" as seen on the Admin Control Panel under "Forums And Moderators" when I click "Modify". Before at version 2.0.0, I made the moderator's Forum Parent as "No One", thus making them disappear, how do I do that again?

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.6.x

Before at version 2.0.0, I made the moderator's Forum Parent as "No One", thus making them disappear, how do I do that again?
        It was more a bug that you *could* do that and the code that was added was added for people who accidently did it in the past.

You would have to insert the moderator directly into the database with forumid=-1 or do some form manipulation/script hacking.

Comment

• Crystallized
          • Feb 2001

I see, so when you took that part out of the code and added the "Global Moderator" above the forums, you just did that so people could see them again, and do something with them? I found it more useful to keep Global Moderators, than to have it so that you can't add, just remove global moderators. So you're saying I actually need to go into myPHPadmin and physically find my moderators and set them to "-1"? Wish you could just put the code back, and let the Admins be able to add global moderators.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...