X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Laureen
    • Nov 2000

Error with poll thread

When I try to click on a thread that had a poll I get the following:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT pollvoteid FROM pollvote WHERE userid='1' AND pollid=1
    mysql error: Table 'apmed.pollvote' doesn't exist
    mysql error number: 1146
    Date: Sunday 05th of August 2001 04:03:12 PM
    Script: /forums/showthread.php?threadid=137
    Referer: http://apmed.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=61

And this is the e-mail that was sent:

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2001 4:03 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: vBulletin (forum) Database error!

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT pollvoteid FROM pollvote WHERE userid='1' AND pollid=1
    Date: Sunday 05th of August 2001 04:03:12 PM

I am using v 2.0.3 and mySQL 4 (I think - not sure how to verify that). The web site where this is locate is www.apmed.com but it is a private forum area.

Prior to upgrading earlier on v 2.0.0 I had this error message:

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2001 12:07 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: vBulletin (forum) Database error!

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT pollvoteid FROM pollvote WHERE userid='82' AND pollid=1
    Date: Sunday 05th of August 2001 12:06:57 PM

Do I need to tell my webhost to change a setting or something? Thanks for any advise!

P.S. Is it a hack or a built in feature to have all threads be able to be rated like in these vB forums?
  • JamesUS
    • Aug 2000

I'm not sure how the pollvote table would be broken - did the install/upgrade script that got you to 2.0.0 complete correctly?

If you can use telnet or phpMyAdmin, you can recreate the pollvote table using the query in install.php (search for a line with "CREATE TABLE pollvote").

Comment

• Laureen
      • Nov 2000

Hi James! Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm not comfortable/experienced enough to carry out your suggestion.

What is this phpMyAdmin? I keep coming across threads that mention using it but I don't know what it is. I've only use WSftp. Should I be using a different product?

you can recreate the pollvote table using the query in install.php (search for a line with "CREATE TABLE pollvote").
      Are you saying if I get this phpMyAdmin program I can execute certain lines of code?

And yes the install worked fine on that site. My other site...well that's anohter thread.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...