This is really bugging me! can you help?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lukman
    • Jun 2001

This is really bugging me! can you help?

ok, when a new user registers at the forum - they recieve an email - they then click the link in the email to activate their registration to the board.. now heres the prob, why is it when they click that link in the email they are taken to the board BUT cannot post without entering their user name and password first???

I have selected in my admin panel > options whereby it auto logs the user each time they visit the board and enabled cookies... After they enter their user name and password and leave the site - it dont ask for their user name and password ever again meaning cookies doing its job!

Im just curious why it doesnt auto login the user when they click the initial link in the email like it does with few other vbulletins I sigend up 2day.

Please shed some light on this!
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

Re: This is really bugging me! can you help?

Originally posted by Lukman
    I have selected in my admin panel > options whereby it auto logs the user each time they visit the board and enabled cookies...
    That's not an option in the Admin CP. You can set that for yourself in your User CP but users can set it to what they like when they sign up, unless you have edited the registeradult template.

Comment

• Lukman
      • Jun 2001

Sorry - you are right - I assumed there was an option for cookies in the 'otions' section of admin CP - I just checked now and there isn't.

I think my problem may lie with the template but dont know where exactly to look and what to look for! - I downloaded a style from here and applied that.. dunno if that has anything to do with or not - I havent made any changes in the template at all besides the header and footer ( who's titles currently higlight in blue where everything else is green)

One more question - When people sign up - What do I change to make the option for 'Alert by promt - when users send you PM' to yes - (the default is no)

If I sort these two things out I will be a very happy man -pls help - thanks

Comment

• Lukman
        • Jun 2001

Any kind folk wanna help me out here?

Comment

• tubedogg
          • Feb 2001

You're looking for the registeradult and modifyoptions templates.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...