• Show
Clear All
  • netshrine
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Install Not As "Pretty" As It Should Be

I upgraded to 2.0.1 - - three questions:

1.  It still reads Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.0.0 beta 5 on my page &
    2.  The usercp, register, calendar button on my upgrade are blurry.
    3. My NEW POST box looks nothing like the one in this forum. Should it?

URL of my forums - http://www.netshrine.com/vbulletin2/index.php?s=
    PHP version - not3
    MySQL version - ?
    Apache/webserver version - ?
    Server operating system - ?
  • rebby
    • Mar 2001

have you reverted your templates??? i know it sucks to have to do but it's gotta be done...

Comment

• netshrine
      • Apr 2001
      • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Rebby - what does that mean? It wasn't in the upgrade instructions.

Thanks for any help!

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

Templates changed (2.0.0 Final)

The following templates have changed in order to enable new functionality or fix bugs, and should be reverted or studied to make the necessary changes:

showthread -> removal of clutter and general re-organization, admin options moved to own template
        forumdisplay -> general re-organization, admin options moved to own template
        forumdisplay_sortarrow -> re-done to allow the arrow to switch orientation depending on sort order
        forumhome -> added <meta> tags to prevent proxies from caching index.php
        privfolder_deletedbit -> removed 'delete it' link
        usercp_pmdeletedbit -> removed 'delete it' link

The following templates have changed in appearence only - you need not revert them if you have already customized them:

newreply, threadreview, threadreviewbit - in order to prevent nasty page stretching, these templates now break the <table> from the header, in the same way as showthread/postbit does.
        faq/faq1/faq2/faq3 -> various cosmetic improvement
        searchintro,memberlist,memberlistsearch,calendar
        forumjump,showthread_threadrate,forumrules
        privfolder,privsent,privsent_readmessages,privsent_unreadmessages
        bbcode -> added named anchor for images section (linked-to in new forumrules)
        usercp (and associated templates)
        subscribe (and associated templates)
        calendar_showdates - removed a comma off the end

These templates are new for this release:
        showthread_adminoptions -> contains the old admin options for showthread
        forumdisplay_adminoptions -> contains the old admin options for forumdisplay
        Changed Templates (2.0 RC3):

- priv_forwardmultiple,priv_sendprivmsg,priv_sendtobuddies (added javascript validation for PM length - should prevent all this messing around with using the 'back' button and getting a blank message
        - postbit -> altered to use new templates postbit_buddy and postbit_search instead of having 'hard-coded' buttons.
        - showthread_polloptions, modifyoptions, showthread_threadrate, showthread - fixed a few sessions issues
        - modifyoptions_stylecell (fixed typo)
        - privmsg - fix link for "search" icon
        - newthread, newreply, editpost - also have javascript validation of message length

New templates:

- postbit_buddy and postbit_search
        Changed Templates (2.0 RC2)

- forumdisplay_announcementsonly - altered to support RC1 table formatting options
        - calendar - altered to remove wrongly coloured top row of days
        - vbcode_smilies - altered to be a separate table
        - subscribe_threads / subscribe_nothreads - added JS onchange="xxx" to <select> menus for consistency.
        - forumdisplay - minor change to timezone+forumjump table to fix nutscrape errors
        - numbernav - missing ';' added to > on last-page link
        - forumdisplaybit - now references $thread[postedby] in the "thread starter" column
        calendar_enterevent, editpost, newreply, newthread, priv_forwardmultiple, priv_sendprivmsg, priv_sendtobuddies --> all these templates have the following alterations:
        - $vbcode_smilies moved to left column to prevent NS wrapping problems
        - <textarea> cols="xx" attribute changed to dynamic value based on browser
        - forumrules moved to bottom of page

New templates
        - error_unregistereduser (NEW!) - error message displayed when trying to view the profile of an unregistered user
        Changed Templates (2.0 RC1)

We are aware that in previous vBulletin template sets, there has been a problem with Netscape not displaying table borders, and individual tables within the pages not having a width="xx" attribute set.
        This is no longer the case.
        All templates now have their content encased in tables with Netscape-compliant borders, and a table width attribute set. These attributes are controllable through the new styles control panel.
        In order to benefit from these new features, it it strongly recommended that you revert as many of your custom templates back to the default and then re-customize them, or at least carefully study the default templates, and make the appropriate changes to your custom templates.
        For those that have already customized their templates heavily, our apologies, but be consoled by the assurance that the template set in this release will not be changing in any significant way before the final release.

- forumdisplay_announcementsonly (now has daysprune selector to prevent 'losing' old threads.)
        - icq (changed old online.miriablablabla address to new wwp.icq.com)
        - postbit_attachmentimage - added $postid to variable for performance reasons
        - postbit_attachment - added $postid to variable for performance reasons

New templates
        - error_searchnametooshort - error when you do not enter enough characters to do a partial username match on
        - privsent_nomessages - used instead of privfolder_nomessages on tracking page to avoid layout error
        Those are lists of the templates that were changed/added since beta 5 was released, and came directly from the announcements/instructions for each release.

Also revert your footer template and see if it then says the correct version number.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

From the upgrade instructions for 2.0.1.
          Changed Templates

Note: Upgrading will not overwrite any of your custom templates.

Template Changes
          - postbit_ip_show -- references $post[ip] instead of $post[ipaddress]
          - newthread/newreply/editpost -- moved the important hidden variables above the attachment section
          - newreply (yes, again) -- fixed hardcoding of 100% table width in the thread review
          - threadreviewbit -- fixed hardcoding of 100% table width
          - numpages & polltotal - removed
          - modifyavatar -- removed hardcoded image size
          - vbcode_buttons -- corrected enhanced mode's tooltip
          - privsent_readmessagebit -- changed to use correct image (pm.gif, not folder.gif)

You can view the new templates from in the control panel by clicking on the 'view original' next to your custom template.
          You will have to compare those templates to your custom ones and make the changes necessary. You can find the list for RC1, RC2, RC3, and 2.0.0 in their respective announcements. Almost every template changed during the RC phase though.

1. You have successfully run all the upgrade scripts? ugrade6 through upgrade10.php?

2. Most likely because you have the height and the width on the images tags incorrect.

3. See Above.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• netshrine
            • Apr 2001
            • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Originally posted by wluke
            You will have to compare those templates to your custom ones and make the changes necessary. You can find the list for RC1, RC2, RC3, and 2.0.0 in their respective announcements. Almost every template changed during the RC phase though.

1. You have successfully run all the upgrade scripts? ugrade6 through upgrade10.php?

2. Most likely because you have the height and the width on the images tags incorrect.

3. See Above.
            Thanks - but no luck
            I reverted all the templates possible - no change.
            And, when I did the install, I ran upgrade6 thru 10.php.
            ANything else you can recommend?
            As far as the height and width of the image tags - what should they be and how do I change them?

Comment

• tubedogg
              • Feb 2001

That's in your header template.

Comment

• netshrine
                • Apr 2001
                • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Originally posted by tubedogg
                That's in your header template.
                Thanks Kevin. Do you know what size they should be?

Comment

• tubedogg
                  • Feb 2001

Assuming you're using the graphics that are used in this forum, they are 53x25.

Comment

• netshrine
                    • Apr 2001
                    • 3.0.0 Beta 4

They were 67x25. Making them 53 did the trick - thanks!

Any ideas on the other two issues?

Comment

• netshrine
                      • Apr 2001
                      • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Re: Install Not As &quot;Pretty&quot; As It Should Be

Originally posted by netshrine
                      I upgraded to 2.0.1 - - three questions:

1.  It still reads Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.0.0 beta 5 on my page &
                      2.  The usercp, register, calendar button on my upgrade are blurry.
                      3. My NEW POST box looks nothing like the one in this forum. Should it?

URL of my forums - http://www.netshrine.com/vbulletin2/index.php?s=
                      PHP version - not3
                      MySQL version - ?
                      Apache/webserver version - ?
                      Server operating system - ?
                      I still need help with items 1 and 3 above - can anyone help? Thanks!

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                        Former vBulletin Developer
                        • Apr 2000
                        • 3.6.x

Redownload 2.0.1 and make sure you upload vbulletin.style. Then run all of upgrade10.php's (4) steps (it won't do anything it shouldn't).

Should fix both issues.

Comment

• netshrine
                          • Apr 2001
                          • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                          Redownload 2.0.1 and make sure you upload vbulletin.style. Then run all of upgrade10.php's (4) steps (it won't do anything it shouldn't).

Should fix both issues.
                          Redownload complete.
                          Upload complete - incl vbulletin.style
                          ran upgrade6.php thru 10.php

no change - - same two issues still outstanding.

Am I supposed to do something besides just "running" upgrade6.php thru 10.php?

What are the 4 steps?

Thanks for your help with this.

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                            Former vBulletin Developer
                            • Apr 2000
                            • 3.6.x

Well, unless you customized ALL your templates AND replacement variables, you haven't run the upgrade scripts.

You do realize that each upgrade is more than just "go to upgrade6.php, go to upgrade7.php, etc," right? Each upgrade has multiple steps within it (see the "next step" at the bottom?)

Comment

• netshrine
                              • Apr 2001
                              • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                              You do realize that each upgrade is more than just "go to upgrade6.php, go to upgrade7.php, etc," right? Each upgrade has multiple steps within it (see the "next step" at the bottom?)
                              I misunderstood the instructions - - it read you must delete install.php - - so, I thought that was the only "next step" once I went thru the upgrades. Now knowing better (thanks!), I ran the upgrades - but first deleting install - - and I see the "next steps" now - - and, I have gone through all of them.

That solved issue 1 - - but, issue 3 still remains:

My NEW POST, THREAD box looks nothing like the one in this forum. It looks like the old version still - - anything else I can do?
                              Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...