This is it, the release you've all been waiting for: vBulletin 3.0.0, aka vBulletin 3 'Gold'. There are 3 noticeable updates from RC4:
- The new graphics. You've no doubt noticed this already.
- The 'liquid' style is now the default style. This is more in line with what most people are used to when they visit a forum.
- Many bugs are fixed, but that's not new news.
- Updated the main website to fit with the vBulletin 3 scheme a bit more and make it more accessible.
- Released the Graphic Developers Kit (GDK) for the new images into the members' area.
- Released the new, mammoth vBulletin 3 manual. As of now, the manual covers all aspects of the admin control panel and other assorted things and clocks in at somewhere around 350 printed pages.
The manual is currently available in 3 formats. First is the online version, browsable by section, fully searchable, and "commentable". You may also download the manual in CHM (Compiled Windows Help) format. Finally there is also an everything-on-one-page version suitable for printing (although you will probably run out of paper... )
We are currently evaluating a PDF version.
Of course, as much stuff as there is in the manual already, there are still more things we want to cover. Expect content to be added to the manual over time.
Bugs fixed since RC4
Some of the bugs fixed include:
- Adminpermissions not checked in all files. (View)
- IE 5 displays text files inline instead of downloading. (View)
- Style chooser not displayed in cases when it should be. (View)
- Replacement variables not imported correctly from vB2. (View)
- HTML tags from the WYSIWYG parser are now stripped from [ html] and [ php] tags. (View)
- CSS images broken when vBulletin set to store CSS as files but can't. (View)
- Attachments not always deleted from the filesystem. (View)
- Email parser now accepts IDN domains. (View)
- Bulk emailer now prevented from potentially executing very large queries. (View)
- Forums not always listed in search engine when they should be. (View)
- Poll results may be displayed with the wrong style. (View)
- Expand/collapse button causes error when used on a forum with no children. (View)
- Announcements shown according to browsing user's timezone. (View)
- Moderators may not physically delete threads/posts in the moderation queue if they do not have physical delete perms. (View)
- 'Go Back' button removed when not usable. (View)
- Thread highlighting incorrect when searching for 'class'. (View)
- Various phrase and template problems. (See below for template changes.)
- Several WYSIWYG parsing issues.
- Several XSS issues.
To discuss this release, click here.