X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raydar
    • Oct 2005

Quick Config.php Comparison Question

Hi,

Just about to upgrade to 5.1.8. Whilst was updating the new config file with the old config.php data, I noticed that there was not some older information required for the new config file. Such as where is says MASTER DATABASE SERVER NAME AND PORT, my old config file has these three lines, i've simply copied these over to the new file.

Code:
    Note: If you are using IIS 7+ and MySQL is on the same machine, you need to use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost
    //$config['MasterServer']['servername'] = 'mysql4.myserver.com.au';
    $config['MasterServer']['servername'] = 'n3-mysql5-3.myserver.com.au';
    //$config['MasterServer']['servername'] ='n7-mysql5-3.myserver.com.au';
    $config['MasterServer']['port'] = 3306;
    Does that sound okay?

And in the new config.php for the admincp location, I've added a line of data that was in my old config.php (the admincpdir)

Code:
    ****** PATH TO MODERATOR CONTROL PANELS ******
        //    This setting allows you to change the name of the folders that the
        //    moderator control panels reside in. You may wish to do this for security purposes.
        //    Please note that if you change the name of the directory here, you will still need
        //    to manually change the name of the directory on the server.
    $config['Misc']['admincpdir'] = 'admincp';
    $config['Misc']['modcpdir'] = 'modcp';
    Does this sound right, because it was only asking for the modcpdir location? Or is it the same thing in the updated version?

Figured it's better to ask now than after I've screwed everything up.

Cheers

Ray
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There are two config.php files. The one you should be editing is in /core/includes/config.php as specified in the instructions. The file at /config.php does not have database information and does not need database information. In fact, it shouldn't be edited at all. Just renamed.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Raydar
      • Oct 2005

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the reply,

Please note I am only talking about the config.php file located inside the core/includes folder. Yes, I am aware that the other config.php does not require any changes.

The config.php file that is currently on my server (inside the core/includes folder) that holds all the database information seems to hold more information than the new config.php file (that is in the core/includes folder) is asking for and that is about to be uploaded.

If you take a look at my first post above you'll see what I mean, there appears to be more information requests in the older config.php file (that is currently used on my server).

I've copied over the database and server information to the new config.php file (inside the core/includes folder). Please take another look at my first post and you'll see what I mean.

Cheers

Ray

Comment

• Raydar
        • Oct 2005

Sorry to repost but I want to get the image viewer fixed and I'm told I need to update the software. Could one of the guru's here just check my question above please prior to me running the upgrade script. Thanks

Ray

Comment