X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • courtmdf
    • Aug 2014
    • 4.2.X

Upgrade via Test/Development Install from 4.2.1 to 5.1.2

I am trying to upgrade our forum from 4.2.1 to 5.2.1. Our current VB4 is installed in root. In doing the upgrade, I am also attempting to essentially move our forum to a subdirectory instead of root by installing the VB5 in a subdirectory. Using the upgrade instructions for VB5, I am performing the steps for setting up a test/development install (which will essentially be my final upgraded install since I am planning to move the forum to this subdirectory.) I performed the steps of closing my fourm and then changing the site and home urls via the admin to point to the new subdirectory. I then backed up my database, created a new database and restored all of my data into the new database. I am now about to upload the VB5 files to the new subdirectory. This is where I'm confused. The test install instructions say to modify the config.php to point to the new database, but I only have the VB4 config.php file. I don't see a compatible config.php file in the VB5 files to upload so I don't know where to plug in my new database info. I'm worried about just uploading the VB5 files and running a standard upgrade and have it accidentally connect to my VB4 database and forum that's installed in root.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Its in the core/includes folder.

Comment

• courtmdf
      • Aug 2014
      • 4.2.X

I am getting the following errors:

Warning: require_once(/path/to/my/forum/includes/vb5/../../config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path/to/my/forum/includes/vb5/config.php on line 44

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/path/to/my/forum/includes/vb5/../../config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.27/share/pear') in /path/to/my/forum/includes/vb5/config.php on line 44

Seems like it's looking for a file in the wrong place. I see in the core/includes/config.php file there are a few places where a path can be set, up one says to complete only if vBulletin support instructs you too. What should I try?

Comment

• courtmdf
        • Aug 2014
        • 4.2.X

I got past the error above. I ran the upgrade, it got to 99% and then gave some error text, seemingly related to a theme. I went to my forum url and it appears to be displaying fine, although the forum is closed so I can't click around. I tried to log in with the same admin credentials that I had for the VB4 forum, but now I am getting an error when trying to log in saying: invalid_password_scheme
        How do I log in to test things out? The forgot password doesn't work because myforum is closed.

Comment

• courtmdf
          • Aug 2014
          • 4.2.X

I was able to use the tools.php to open my board, I tried forgot password which sent the email to reset the password, but when I click on the link in the email to reset the password it gives the error message "no_avaialble_schemes".

Comment

• courtmdf
            • Aug 2014
            • 4.2.X

OK, I decided to start over and try the upgrade process again. I again received the following error at 99%. How do I proceed in correcting this, as I assume this may be the cause of all of the issues? Thanks.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
            <br />
            <b>Warning</b>: tempnam() [<a href='function.tempnam'>function.tempnam</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/nfs:/tmp:/usr/local:/etc/apache2/gs-bin) in <b>/path/to/my/forum/core/vb/utilities.php</b> on line <b>105</b><br />
            <br />
            <b>Warning</b>: file_put_contents() [<a href='function.file-put-contents'>function.file-put-contents</a>]: Filename cannot be empty in <b>/path/to/my/forum/core/vb/xml/import/theme.php</b> on line <b>329</b><br />
            <br />
            <b>Warning</b>: getimagesize() [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: Filename cannot be empty in <b>/path/to/my/forum/core/vb/xml/import/theme.php</b> on line <b>339</b><br />
            <br />
            <b>Warning</b>: tempnam() [<a href='function.tempnam'>function.tempnam</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/nfs:/tmp:/usr/local:/etc/apache2/gs-bin) in <b>/path/to/my/forum/core/vb/utilities.php</b> on line <b>105</b><br />
            <br />
            <b>Warning</b>: file_put_contents() [<a href='function.file-put-contents'>function.file-put-contents</a>]: Filename cannot be empty in <b>/path/to/my/forum/core/vb/xml/import/theme.php</b> on line <b>329</b><br />
            <br />
            <b>Warning</b>: getimagesize() [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: Filename cannot be empty in <b>/path/to/my/forum/core/vb/xml/import/theme.php</b> on line <b>339</b><br />
            <upgrade>
            <message replace="0"><![CDATA[Finished importing theme 'Blue Green'.]]></message>
            <startat>3</startat>
            <status>Status: Processing XML, Step 14 of 18</status>
            <longversion>final</longversion>
            <version>final</version>
            <nextstep>14</nextstep>
            </upgrade>

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Create a folder in your forum root called /tmp
              CHMOD this to 777
              Go to settings > server settings and optimisation options.
              Make sure the safe mode temp directory is set to tmp
              Set Safe Mode Upload enabled to Yes.

Then run the upgrade script again.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• courtmdf
                • Aug 2014
                • 4.2.X

I'm still having the same problem as before trying to log into the forum:

Getting the error: "invalid_password_scheme" when I try to log in on the front end.

Getting the error: "That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message." when I try to log directly into admincp.

Is there a way for me to make those two settings changes directly in the database via phpmyadmin?
                Last edited by courtmdf; Fri 22 Aug '14, 5:32am.

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

I'm a little confused as to quite what you're doing in the early stages of setting this test site up.

In short you need a totally identical copy of your site, running in a different folder, pointing at a copy of the original database. Then you need to verify that this works ok running 4.2.1 before proceeding.

If you don't verify that it works first, and just proceed with the upgrade, you could be upgrading a broken site, which will simply result in a broken upgraded site - which is actually what you've got!
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------
                  My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                  My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment