X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nishalp
    • Jun 2006
    • 3.5.x

New Install - Error when going to AdminCP

I just installed the latest version of vBulletin. Everything went fine with no errors. It is running under PHP 5.4 with a MYSQL database. I can login as a the Administrator and edit pages / navigation fine. When I login to AdminCP I get the following message with no details. How do I get more details to troubleshoot this?

~That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
  • nishalp
    • Jun 2006
    • 3.5.x

Update: When I go directly to domain/core/admincp/index.php it works fine. It just fails when going to domain/admincp.

I am running under IIS and web.config is the default with the redirect rules set.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Do you have open_basedir enabled?

Comment

• nishalp
        • Jun 2006
        • 3.5.x

How do I check if that is enabled?

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

You'd check the phpinfo You can try using this fix: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10309

Comment

• nishalp
            • Jun 2006
            • 3.5.x

Hello. I checked the PHP Info and I do have a local path setup for the open_basedir. However, I went ahead and made the change via the link you sent and it worked. So I am good now. Thanks.

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Its because of the open_basedir restriction that the issue is occurring

Comment