X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • th3tak3n
    • Jan 2016
    • 5.1.x

Cloud to Connect

I have a Cloud license and just purchased a Connect license. I have a backup of my Cloud database (three zip files) and installed my website on my server that I'm personally hosting. The website installs fine, but when up load the backup database, nothing changes. I restart the website and everything but it doesn't change anything. When I try to login, I get "An unexpected error was returned: 'Invalid value for constructor. I'm probably doing something really stupid here, and would very much appreciate any help. I've followed the instructions on a forum post about how to transfer the database over, but I'm hitting a wall.
  • th3tak3n
    • Jan 2016
    • 5.1.x

Also, I'm loading the database backup file using HeidiSQL if that makes any difference.

Comment

• th3tak3n
      • Jan 2016
      • 5.1.x

Have everything transferred over finally... It seems to be working and downgraded PHP from 7 to 5.6 fixed the "Invalid value for constructor" issue. The problem I'm having now is in the AdminCP, it doesn't show all of the options I would expect to have in Connect. I'm only seeing what I had in the Cloud AdminCP, no product section or any Connect specific options.

Edit: This whole transfer process has been a pain... I figure that most of it is my fault. :-P So I have the website up and am not able to login at all. When I click login and enter my credentials, it either just refreshes the page without logging me in, or it gives me an error message. I'm able to login to my AdminCP by typing in /core/admincp and access everything, but there are still no options like I would expect Connect to have. Also when I go to upload a new logo on the header, it gives me "Error uploading the logo. Please try again." I probably should have paid for the install service, but I didn't think I would have this many issues.
      Last edited by th3tak3n; Sun 14 Feb '16, 7:06am.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

Did you follow these steps?

The purpose of this topic is to document changes you will need to make if you are migrating from vBCloud to the download version of VB5 Connect. Experienced users can probably get by with just reading the Overview below. I have included greater detail below that for those new to vBulletin and vBCloud. Before You Begin If you

You have to make your admin account as super administrator in config.php

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• th3tak3n
          • Jan 2016
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara

The purpose of this topic is to document changes you will need to make if you are migrating from vBCloud to the download version of VB5 Connect. Experienced users can probably get by with just reading the Overview below. I have included greater detail below that for those new to vBulletin and vBCloud. Before You Begin If you

No... I didn't see that. Reading through just the first part I can already see where I messed up. It says not to run install.php or upgrade.php... I was fully installing the forum and then loading the database backup. That must be where it is messing up. I'm going to delete what I have right now and start from scratch, I'll post an update about whether everything works as it should.

I appreciate the response and the link!

Comment

• th3tak3n
            • Jan 2016
            • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...wnload-product

The site is up and running and I now see all of the options/settings. Sweet! The only problem now is something I believe on GoDaddy. I can go to www.blocksandthings.com and login and I login just fine. When I go to blocksandthings.com and login, it just refreshes the page without ever logging me in. It also sometimes gives me a system error has occurred error in the login box when I try to login.
            Last edited by th3tak3n; Mon 15 Feb '16, 6:03pm.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

You need to add a rewrite rule in htaccess to redirect non-www to www. There are tons of instuctions out there on how to do that.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment