Support ticket not answered yet but still need help please?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spacehopper
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

Support ticket not answered yet but still need help please?

Hi

I have various issues on my forum since I upgraded a few weeks ago.

The main ones are

I can't merge threads, mass delete posts,when I click "edit topic" from the drop down list I get red triangle and an error message.

Other things I can't figure out is my moderators can't make blog posts even though in the permissions they are allowed to, and their posts in the moderator area are always unapproved even though again in my CP settings they should be approved.
    Also a lot of my members have said that when they're typing a post and it auto saves, they lost their post and get logged out.

I opened a support ticket and was asked for more details which I gave a week ago but I am yet to get any update, can anyone help? I need to mass delete a load of posts and at the moment I can't do it. I feel like there's loads of things that aren't right, my members are getting frustrated at their issues and I have no idea how to fix any of it.

Thanks!

• Spacehopper
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

Seriously can ANYONE help me with this?

Comment

• In Omnibus
      • Apr 2010

Check your Private Messages

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

When you get an error, what is in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)? You can also try going into debug mode and seeing if you get a better error displayed on the page.

To enable debug mode edit the /config.php file and change:

Code:
        $config['debug'] = false;
        To:
        Code:
        $config['debug'] = true;
        Then edit the /core/includes/config.php file and change:

Code:
        // $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
        To:
        Code:
        $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
        To set that up for only your IP address (replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with your IP), put these lines around the code:

Code:
        if($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx") {
        CODE (from above) HERE
        }

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Spacehopper
          • Oct 2011
          • 4.1.x

Sorry I have had some personal stuff going on at home so haven't been able to reply sooner.

I don't know how to do any of that config stuff I'm afraid, thanks so much for trying to help though. I was really hoping to get actually proper support from the staff? My ticket STILL hasn't been answered despite me posting on it several more times asking for help.

My forum is currently pretty much unusable, my members are all leaving. I want to go back to VB 4 but what a waste of time and money??!
          Last edited by Spacehopper; Mon 16 Nov '15, 9:19am.

Comment