Can someone PLEASE help me with Facebook Open Graph metadata?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fenderbob
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.1.x

Can someone PLEASE help me with Facebook Open Graph metadata?

I have a big problem. I'm utilizing vBulletin's "Articles" to help drive traffic to my site. The main point in all of this is to get people to share my content and then visit my site.

However, all the Open Graph metadata is missing, even after I enable "Facebook connect."

When someone shares my articles, the featured image is not appearing. Sometimes no image comes up. Other times, my avatar picture comes up. This should be a is very basic feature in CMS and works fine with WordPress. Why is it such a mess in VB5?

You guys must realize that people sharing articles and threads on social media is the #1 way to drive people to a forum, so why is this being totally ignored? I find this ironic, actually, since VB5 is SUPPOSED to be built around social media.

I need someone to help me figure out how to get Open Graph metadata working ASAP. Otherwise, I'm wasting my time writing articles and the CMS feature is pointless.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Open Graph isn't in vBulletin 5. We only use the Connect Portion of their API. Open Graph was supposed to be added shortly after launch of 5.0.0 but a different development direction was taken. You would have to modify your head_include template to add it. The hardest part would be the featured image. There is no way to pre-determine this in the header and vBulletin doesn't have the concept of a "featured image". You could probably do an API call if you used a template hook on header_head. Best place for help with that is over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
      • Nov 2014
      • 5.1.x

Edited
      Last edited by William Thomas Jr; Fri 23 Oct '15, 1:51pm.

Comment