X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AFemaleProdigy
    • Mar 2006
    • 4.2.X

Advice for downgrading from vB5 to vB4?

I am not happy with vB5 and want to downgrade to vB 4. I don't want to lose any of my existing users or posts. Is there an easy way to do this? Any suggestions or advice before I attempt it? I have upgraded a million times before, but never had to downgrade.
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

The only way is to import the backup you took before upgrading the to BETA build.
    There is no "downgrade" options.. The other one would be to import to another framework, then to vb4.. but I doubt anyone has spent any time making such an importer.
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• AFemaleProdigy
      • Mar 2006
      • 4.2.X

This was a clean install of vB5 so there is no previous version to import. I was hoping I could just export the tables containing the specific content I need and import them into the clean vB4 install. I haven't looked at the table compatibility though.

Comment

• Loco.M
        • Mar 2005
        • 3.5.x

You can try.
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

The structures are completely different.....this isn't going to be possible.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• AFemaleProdigy
            • Mar 2006
            • 4.2.X

Do you think it would be possible to transfer the needed table data just for the member, post, and thread info from vb5 to vb4?

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Nope, when we say its not possible, we're being honest. There is no way to downgrade at all.

Comment

• ZechariahStover
                • Apr 2013
                • 5.0.X

I would contact gConverter. I have only used them once, and it was a more standard conversion (Simple Press to vB5). They seem to specialize in figuring out, and converting the necessary tables.
                Just do note that their advertised rates and times were way off. It took them a week to do the conversion for me (instead of the advertised 48 hrs) during which time I had the forum locked because any posts/users made would not get transferred. Also the forum to forum conversion cost $125.

Overall I am happy. They did a decent job and it cost me way less than if I had done it myself.
                Convert Forum and CMS, vBulletin to Wordpress, phpBB to xenForo, phpBB to Wordpress, Joomla to Wordpress, Drupal to Wordpress
                Testing image upload in signatures: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/filed...ledataid=63483
                It looks like it may be working but we will not know until we save it.

Comment