Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

What is your database charset and collation? What do you have set in Language Manager > edit your language > Language Code and HTML Character Set?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• SFX
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Lynne
      What is your database charset and collation? What do you have set in Language Manager > edit your language > Language Code and HTML Character Set?
      My Spanish Language Settings:

My database charset collation is latin1_swedish_ci

Again, do not think the problem is due to the language setting, as I have tried to register using the English language, and the problem persists.

Thanks, I hope a solution, because this is very annoying.

Regards.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Where did you get your spanish language pack and what version is it supposed to be used for? The 5.1.3 version of that phrase that I have on my site, doesn't have any variable names in it, it contains {1}, {2}, {3}, etc in it. Can you post the contents of that phrase in the English Language? Did you get any message about having to upgrade your phrases? What happens when you click "Find Updated Phrases"? And, are you on a Windows or Linux server and using what version of PHP?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• SFX
          • Jul 2014

Where did you get your spanish language pack and what version is it supposed to be used for? The 5.1.3 version of that phrase that I have on my site, doesn't have any variable names in it, it contains {1}, {2}, {3}, etc in it. Can you post the contents of that phrase in the English Language? Did you get any message about having to upgrade your phrases? What happens when you click "Find Updated Phrases"? And, are you on a Windows or Linux server and using what version of PHP?
          The spanish language package I got it from direct download vBulletin 5.1.4 Beta 2 from the Members Area

I haven't received messages about updating my phrases, I have never had serious problems with the phrases. I don't know why you ask this if I'm quite sure that this error is not due to language pack, because if it were, don't you think the english language everything should be perfectly fine?

And it is not so, since in both languages, spanish and english, I have the same problem.

Using a Linux server and PHP version I have is 5.4.34
          MySQL Version: 5.5.36-cll-lve
          Apache Version: 2.4.10

Please I need to fix this soon, it is already taking a long time.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Was this working on 5.1.3? It could be a bug in the beta version you are running.

Try disabling all your modifications and using a totally default style and then see if you still have the same problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
            define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
            To create a totally default style, create a new style with no parent:
            • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
            • Parent Style: No Parent Style
            • Title: Default vBulletin
            • Allow User Selection: Yes
            • Save

Set this as the default in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Styles & Languages > Set Default Style. Then go to Maintenance > Clear System Cache. Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• SFX
              • Jul 2014

Was this working on 5.1.3? It could be a bug in the beta version you are running.

Try disabling all your modifications and using a totally default style and then see if you still have the same problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
              define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
              To create a totally default style, create a new style with no parent:
              • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
              • Parent Style: No Parent Style
              • Title: Default vBulletin
              • Allow User Selection: Yes
              • Save

Set this as the default in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Styles & Languages > Set Default Style. Then go to Maintenance > Clear System Cache. Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?
              Yes.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

You didn't answer my first question about whether this was a problem in 5.1.3, before you upgraded. If so, I would revert back to that version.

Also, please note that 5.1.4 was just released. I would suggest trying that on a test site and seeing if it still has the same issue with the emails.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment