website is loading very slowly and often with error: There is a serious error and the page cannot be rendered

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • medved
    • Apr 2008

website is loading very slowly and often with error: There is a serious error and the page cannot be rendered

I mentioned this in some other post but Wayne Luke wanted me to start a thread for this. So here it is:

My vB5 website is loading very slowly and many times I get this error:

"There is a serious error and the page cannot be rendered"

Right after that i get an email with a Database Error:

Database error in vBulletin 5.1.3:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT * FROM cache
    WHERE `cacheid` IN ('stylevar_cache_1');

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
    Error Number : 2006
    Request Date : Tuesday, September 30th 2014 @ 01:50:41 PM
    Error Date : Tuesday, September 30th 2014 @ 01:51:26 PM
    Script : http:///forum/websitelink
    Referrer : https://www.google.at/
    IP Address : 91.119.35.28
    Username : Hosť
    Classname : vB_Database_MySQL
    MySQL Version :

And i am getting this email error sometimes even 10 times a day.

I contacted my hosting company and after a week of consultations with them they concluded this:

Your issue is due to poor coding within your website application(s). So what they are saying is that the vB5 is poorly coded and it is too resource intensive. And that's why I am getting that errors all the time.

That is what are telling you people from turnkeyinternet.net (please don't shoot the messenger)

They asked me to consult this problem with the vB5 developer.
    1. vBulletin Version: vB 5.1.3 but the problem is there from the first time i installed vB 5
    2. PHP Version: 5.4.30
    3. MySQL Version: 5.5.37-cll
    4. Any Addons installed: none
    5. Does the issue occur in a default style? Yes.
    6. Does the issue occur using the English language provided? Yes
    7. Error message on the screen': There is a serious error and the page cannot be rendered
    8. Browser and Browser version used. FF 32.0.3 but it was in all previous versions of FF
    9. A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue. Just by browsing the website or trying to post, or start a thread.

thanks
    Last edited by medved; Wed 1 Oct '14, 4:02pm.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

"MySQL Server has gone away" is a server issue. See this: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...mysql_goneaway and this: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...265#post310265 You will need to talk to your host about this in order to get it resolved.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• medved
      • Apr 2008

Well, I talked to them and they said that the code of vB5 is so poorly written that it is too resource intensive, it overloads the server and that is what makes the server crash.

I have around 40 websites with them and the vB5 is the only website with this kind of error.

I also checked the links you sent me but it doesn't apply to this situation because I haven't altered the server nor the vB5 in any way.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Can you start a ticket with my attention. I believe I know the issue you're running into.

Comment

• medved
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Zachery
          Can you start a ticket with my attention. I believe I know the issue you're running into.
          OK thanks a lot. I have already started a ticket with your attention.

Comment