MySQL Error: (1040, u'Too many connections')

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -=|zami|=-
    • Feb 2009

MySQL Error: (1040, u'Too many connections')

Hello!

recently I installed VB5. my forum is very big, but I accepted the challenge of adjust my server to improve the use of the new tool. My server meets the minimum and recommended requirements for using VB5.

after installation, I began receiving the following warning: MySQL Error: (1040 u'Too many connections')

The result was a decrease in speed. talking with the team hosting, suggested I increase the limit of connections. I believe that will solve the problem.

my question for me to better understand the VB5: this is a feature of the new package, ie the VB5 causes an increase in the number of connections? or this had not been observed before? some tips about the problem or the solution is just to increase the limit of connections?

Thank you!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Too many connections is a global MySQL limit. This means your webserver had reached its max connections. Are you on a dedicated server?

Comment

• -=|zami|=-
      • Feb 2009

Thank you!

yes, I'm on a dedicated server.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Then you might need to retune MySQL. I'd post in the server optimization forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...