X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • catsma_97504
    • Jan 2013
    • 5.0.X

When issuing an infraction member is not notified

In testing the Infractions system on vb5.1 I noticed that my test account did not receive an email and did not receive a PM to notify them that an infraction had been issued. Bottom line, the member is never notified they have received an infraction. My test account does not have PM access, in case that may be a factor.

Is this a known issue? Or, does it need to be logged in tracker? I checked, but have never been able to find what I am looking for.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Do you have the same issues on a test installation of vBulletin 5.1.1? vBulletin 5.1.0 doesn't send email notifications due to a variety of issues. These should be resolved in 5.1.1.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 18 Apr '14, 9:26am.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• catsma_97504
      • Jan 2013
      • 5.0.X

I have not yet installed 5.1.1. Zachary just finished adding a patch to correct a SQL error issue I had. I will upgrade my test install and see if that fixes things. However, with 4.2.2 all members received a PM when an infraction was issued. Why is this not the case with 5.1?

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by catsma_97504
        I have not yet installed 5.1.1. Zachary just finished adding a patch to correct a SQL error issue I had. I will upgrade my test install and see if that fixes things. However, with 4.2.2 all members received a PM when an infraction was issued. Why is this not the case with 5.1?
        As Zachery mentioned, there were some issues with email sending for certain functions prior to between 5.0.0 and 5.1.1.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• catsma_97504
          • Jan 2013
          • 5.0.X

Sebastiano is now researching my site for tagging bugs that he cannot recreate. Once he is done I will then upgrade my 5.1.0 install to 5.1.1 and will get back and let you know if it fixed the issue.

Putting the known email issue aside, why is there no longer a PM sent to the given user when an infraction is issued?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

It is an option. PMs are sent on this site when infractions are given.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• catsma_97504
              • Jan 2013
              • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              It is an option. PMs are sent on this site when infractions are given.
              Please tell me where this permission is at as I have not seen anything to indicate how infractions are delivered.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...