X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • catsma_97504
    • Jan 2013
    • 5.0.X

Unable to edit profile in 5.1

Upgraded my forum yesterday from 4.2 to 5.1 and now I am experiencing many issues....and am attempting to work through them.

One such issue is the fact that signatures do not display. In reading through other postings, I have verified that I have signatures turn on in the AdminCP; however, the User Settings have the display signature option unchecked. After checking this box and clicking the Save button, I get an edit about having an invalid birthday. It does not matter what is being edited. It does not matter if using my Admin account or a basic user account.

So, I attempted to make the same change here to my User Settings. Of course it works. But I did notice there is a difference in how the Date of Birth value displays. Here you get the form fields; however on my site I only see the value like this (year removed).....

Because the form fields do not display to edit the birthday; and suspect this is what is triggering the error message.

Not wanting to assume that the upgraded/existing accounts were experiencing an issue I created a new test account and get the same display for the birth date.

How can I fix this?
    Attached Files
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You are running into this bug - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-12307

Try setting Settings -> Options -> User Profile Options -> Require Date of Birth to No.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• catsma_97504
      • Jan 2013
      • 5.0.X

Thank you for the quick response Lynne! That did fix the display issue. Hopefully the bug can be resolved quickly as this opens up the door to potential issues with COPPA regulations.

Comment