X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superwow
    • Nov 2013

Show more than 3 thumbnails per post 5.0.5

Hello,

We have created a thread and uploaded about 42 images. We 3 of them shown as thumbnails at the bottom of the post. After the user clicks it they can see the rotating gallery. We are curious how to change the amount of thumbnails displayed per post and also how to change the size of these thumbnails as we would like them to be about twice the size.

Thank you!
  • superwow
    • Nov 2013

Any ideas?

Comment

• TLMD
      • Sep 2012
      • 5.6.X

I.
      Are you talking about the "Share Photos" option in the editor? I don't think there are any settings in the AdminCP that allow to change the amount of pictures being previewed below a post. As for the lightbox itself: There are several JIRAs that cover improvements to the lightbox (especially regarding image sizes), but they weren't implemented yet. Any other changes would require custom coding.

II.
      However, if you are talking about image thumbnails (those you get when you add images to your posts via "Upload Attachments"): Those tumbnail sizes can be changed in the AdminCP. Also there are permissions dealing with how many images/attachments are allowed per post. (If this is what you were talking about, I can have a look at the AdminCP and find those setting for you, but I guess you thought about the above stuff, right?)

Comment

• superwow
        • Nov 2013

I do know about the thumbnail size and the maximum number of allowed permissions thanks for that though.

What i am talking about is this here. I have uploaded 42 photos for a post but only see the first 3 thumbnails. Can that number of displayed thumbnails be changed to say 10 or 1000 haha.

Thanks!

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

There is no setting to change it.

It looks like all the images are grabbed, just not spit out. And, it looks like the code to spit it out is in core/vb/library/content/gallery.php around line 229. Try changing it from 3 to whatever you want and see if that does what you want. There are a few lines there where it may need to be changed.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• PiotrGT1
            • Nov 2014
            • 5.1.x

I have added 100. One problem I get one long line of photos - how can I have it break up nicely into rows?

In my attachment settings I have limited the number of thumbnails to 5 now, and it's not creating a new row.

Here is the code which I have in my gallery file.

Code:
                            //add 3 photo previews
                            if (isset($contentInfo[$node]['photo']))
                            {
                                $contentInfo[$node]['photopreview'] = ($contentInfo[$node]['photocount'] > 100) ? array_slice($contentInfo[$node]['photo'], 0, 100) : $contentInfo[$node]['photo'];
                            }
                        }
                    }
                    elseif (!empty($contentInfo[$nodes]))
                    {
                        if (empty($contentInfo[$nodes]['photo']))
                        {
                            $contentInfo[$nodes]['photocount'] = 0;
                            $contentInfo[$nodes]['photopreview'] = array();
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            $contentInfo[$nodes]['photocount'] = count($contentInfo[$nodes]['photo']);
                            //add 3 photo previews
                            $contentInfo[$nodes]['photopreview'] = ($contentInfo[$nodes]['photocount'] > 100) ? array_slice($contentInfo[$nodes]['photo'], 0, 100) : $contentInfo[$nodes]['photo'];
                        }
                    }
                    return $contentInfo;
                }

Comment

• selje
              • Feb 2015
              • 5.1.x

I am also wondering about this. There should really be an option in the Admin panel for this kind of settings.

Comment

• pacinofurioso
                • Oct 2015
                • 5.1.x

bump this post. Im trying to find a solution to this as well.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 5.7.X

Posting my reply to your other post here to help others...

Adding this custom CSS in css_additional template or via Sitebuilder > Style > CSS Editor should fix that.

Code:
                  .b-gallery-thumbnail-list__item {
                      display: inline-block;
                      height: auto;
                  }

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment