X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scamtacular
    • Mar 2012
    • 5.0.X

Strange issue with registration

Registration is enabled, the signup form appears, but when you click the submit button a message pops up saying the administrator had disabled registration. Any ideas? vBulletin version is 5.0.4
  • scamtacular
    • Mar 2012
    • 5.0.X

Also no threads in this section of the forum (http://www.thescambaiter.com/forum/f...-fran%C3%A7ais) load - they all give 404 errors. The thread/topic lists load fine but the threads/topics themselves give 404. I noticed it was just threads in this category so I made a new category, tried moving one of the affected forums to it, and got this error

An unexpected error was returned: ' Database error in vBulletin 5.0.4: Invalid SQL: UPDATE node AS node INNER JOIN closure AS cl ON (cl.parent = node.nodeid) INNER JOIN node AS child ON child.nodeid = cl.child SET child.starter = node.nodeid, child.routeid = WHERE node.nodeid in (33) AND node.contenttypeid <> 19 /**moveNodes**/; MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE node.nodeid in (33) AND node.contenttypeid <> 19 /**moveNodes**/' at line 5 Error Number : 1064 Request Date : Sunday, August 4th 2013 @ 02:57:13 PM Error Date : Sunday, August 4th 2013 @ 02:57:16 PM Script : http:///forum/admincp/forum.php?do=update Referrer : http://www.thescambaiter.com/forum/a...b69e68d0308de9 IP Address : 141.101.98.101 Username : Rev Moe Lester Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi MySQL Version : 5.1.63-0+squeeze1 '

Again, any ideas? The forum moved despite the error but the threads still give a 404 error

Comment

• scamtacular
      • Mar 2012
      • 5.0.X

What is this "priority forum support" mentioned everywhere?

Comment

• scamtacular
        • Mar 2012
        • 5.0.X

Really? No-one?

Comment

• scamtacular
          • Mar 2012
          • 5.0.X

This is important - this is an actual live forum and lots of people aren't able to sign up because of that error. And a whole section of the forum doesn't load

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Are all your files totally default files? When you ran the upgrade.php script, were there any problems? If you enable debug mode (in both config.php files, make sure $config['Misc']['debug'] is set to true) and then try to register, what errors are shown on the page.

I see no files in this forum - http://www.thescambaiter.com/forum/f...-fran%C3%A7ais You said you tried to move them and got an error, but were they moved successfully and can you now access them?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• scamtacular
              • Mar 2012
              • 5.0.X

I think you need to register/sign in to see threads in that forum. Everything is default and the upgrade.php showed no errors. When I moved one of the threads there to a new category I got that error but it moved successfully (i.e. it appeared under the new category). Same problem though, the thread returned a 404 error when opened. I moved it back to the original category, same error, still returned a 404 error when opened.

I think there is a problem with the node table, I ran the tools.php script in /install/ to supposedly fix it, made no difference. But, for example, at http://www.thescambaiter.com/forum/f...p-baits-public the channel is "Top baits (public)" as shown in the breadcrumb navigation line yet the heading underneath says "Active baits" which is the name of a different channel. This happens in numerous channels on the site.

And any idea about the registration issue. A few people manage to register (I get the notification emails) but most get the error that the forum is closed having clicked 'submit' on the registration form.

And another issue - vBulletin 5.0.4 tries to use Imagemagick when I upload MP3 attachments (which obviously results in an error)

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

When you created your forum initially, did you then go and change the name of some of them? If so, there is a bug right now where the forum url isn't changed. So, if you changed the names, then it would have the old forum url. You said you uploaded tools.php to fix the issue, but what option did you click in tools.php? And are you clicking Clear System Cache after making any changes?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• scamtacular
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 5.0.X

I have clicked clear system cache so many times! I renamed the forum back even, no change. If I try the old names for the forum they redirect to the new one, still a 404 error.

The option is "Scan Content Tables" and although it detected and repaired faults I saw no difference, despite clearing the cache (Cloudflare was off this whole time)
                  Scan & Repair node, closure, and content tables. You should only do this if vBulletin Technical Support Staff advises you to do so, and make sure you have a back up first.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

If you're still getting errors about the administrator disabling registration, that is your anti-spam settings stopping spammers from registering.

Comment

• scamtacular
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 5.0.X

Odd, my IP isn't blacklisted! Though I use Cloudflare, and maybe the Cloudflare IP vBulletin sees is?

Comment

• scamtacular
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 5.0.X

I still need help with the 404 errors on threads in one category!

01:10 TucoSalamanca: Hello. The board could not be used. Too much 404 on french section.
                        Users are getting frustrated, I answered your questions, what now?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

Did you rename those forums after the section was created? There is an issue causing redirects to fail. This is going to be fixed in 5.0.5.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• scamtacular
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 5.0.X

I did The address changes from the old one to the new one if I enter the address of the forum when it had its old name. I can view the lists of threads but just not the threads themselves despite the list of threads being in the renamed forum!

Comment

• scamtacular
                              • Mar 2012
                              • 5.0.X

Another issue

In my User Profile I can not "Edit Settings" --> The page you are looking for cannot be found.....
                              The page in question is thescambaiter.com/forum/settings/ which does produce a 404 error

Comment