X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of VB5? Customer Poll

Please, this is everyone's chance to get their voice heard. Poll votes are private
    I think it is better then previous vBulletin Software
    4.90%
    I think it is Good
    2.94%
    I think it is "OK"
    8.82%
    I think it is bad
    18.63%
    Worst release by vBulletin
    64.71%
    www.filmmakerforum.org
    www.digidistribution.com

Poll Voting Is Anonymous!

Please vote based on the current status of VB5 and as a customer and user here (VB5) what you think of the software "currently"

This is not an attack on VB Support - I Love VB Support, I even think they should get a raise on their pay for what they have to deal with. This is a poll, end of story.
    Last edited by dizzynation; Tue 26th Feb '13, 7:51am.
    www.filmmakerforum.org
    www.digidistribution.com

Comment

And what would come from this?
      Cliff
      PathLabTalk
      Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

A higher post count.

Comment

• dilbert
          dilbert commented
          Editing a comment

So I wanted to post just the smiley, but got an error saying I need at least 10 characters...

Originally posted by dilbert View Post

I am collection data so I can decide to spend more money or not on VB, or stick with all of my VB4.2 licenses.

I appreciate everyones votes so far
        www.filmmakerforum.org
        www.digidistribution.com

Comment

It is OK... The biggest problem is that there are too many bugs. I am using it for a live site and there are some serious problems.
          Burgas Forum

Comment

• MyIce
            MyIce commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. i like a lot of the changes and functionality. But WOW its buggy. Im gonna give it a chance as I know they are working at getting it right!

Originally posted by dizzynation View Post
          I am collection data so I can decide to spend more money or not on VB, or stick with all of my VB4.2 licenses. I appreciate everyones votes so far
          OK, but that a rather odd way to decide what's best for your site. So if everyone says the love it, yet you need the CMS, you'll upgrade?
          It seems more like a lame attack on vB5 - not that I am against attacks on vB5, just the lame ones.
          Cliff
          PathLabTalk
          Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

Originally posted by dizzynation View Post
            I am collection data so I can decide to spend more money or not on VB, or stick with all of my VB4.2 licenses. I appreciate everyones votes so far
            OK, but that a rather odd way to decide what's best for your site. So if everyone says the love it, yet you need the CMS, you'll upgrade? It seems more like a lame attack on vB5 - not that I am against attacks on vB5, just the lame ones.

Actually it is a great idea, for me... and the way I work... Which has been successful so far in my life....

Oh and this is not an attack on vBulletin at all. It is simply a Poll...........
            www.filmmakerforum.org
            www.digidistribution.com

Comment

I cant believe there's 3 people who believe it's better than previous versions of VB, that right there, is scary.

Comment

I didn't vote, but I love vb5, it frees up so much time for me. I click on new posts, open a new tab and do some online banking, by then the new posts have loaded and I come back and read them. I can finally multitask.
                Cliff
                PathLabTalk
                Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

• hornstar6969
                  hornstar6969 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That would have to be 1 of the top 10 new features. Lawrence should market this one.

• MyIce
                  MyIce commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL - this gave me a good laugh

If we were to just compare base features of VB5 to it's competitors and even to VB3 & 4, I'd say it's lacking.

Nothing stands out to me that would make it any better or more appealing than it's competitors.

Such a shame since we need healthy competition in the forum market to keep things progressing forward.
                Archive: 1 ~ 2 ETC in the feedback forums that were closed.

Comment

Installation has been a complete mess. Renaming the admincp for installation caused all sorts of issues that were not obviously related to this. Being unable to delete pages or change the default landing page has also been a huge problem for me. It's like anything out of the ordinary that I want to do, that the interface suggests is possible to do, breaks.

It'll probably be fine once I nuke the site and just reinstall fresh without trying to do any customization. And I'm ok with that, because I like the forums and think they look pretty solid, but I definitely feel that the release state of this software is pretty bad.

Comment

btw the likes aren't counted on the forum view page
                    it shows zero likes for this thread when we can all see there are a few..
                    http://brandonsheley.org/services - Webmaster Services

Comment

• dilbert
                      dilbert commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's another timesaver, it keeps from from reading to many numbers.

• Loco.M
                      Loco.M commented
                      Editing a comment
                      the comment system is messed up, or it's not complete
                      I can't figure out which one it is

I wonder how many URL's there are for each piece of content
                      for example
                      this link shows more then the normal thread link
                      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ll#post3945685

like it includes this screenshot which other url's of the same thread don't show
                      http://i.imgur.com/zmE7se6.png

Originally posted by Deimos View Post
                    I cant believe there's 3 people who believe it's better than previous versions of VB, that right there, is scary.
                    Just employees.

Comment

voted for : I think it is better then previous vBulletin Software.

I trust in this staff and in vb developers team so I'm sure VB5 will be the best forum software available ..
                      Ilyas Merenguista

Comment

• compwhizii
                        compwhizii commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think you trust a little too much.
                    Working...
                    X