X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpaceStar
    • Apr 2005

Disappointed by the Support

Hello

I created a ticket in Support System on the 8th of September mentioning some issue with mobile. That ticket has never been touched by anyone and today is closed or removed from my Support Center.

I believe when you charge people for some service, you are obliged to give some sort of support

Got excellent support from Lynne in another couple of issues. But don't know how you can close a ticket without saying a word on it.....
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Hello

Your mobile ticket was responded to by Wayen, who asked for some information, which you've provided. That's now with our technical team. There is no simple answer to the issues and it needs further investigation.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• SpaceStar
      • Apr 2005

Hellp Mark.B

Here is an update from my side.

I saw my mobile app in the evening and for my surprise everything is working the Activity Stream, which was giving and Unexpected Server Error is no longer there. Both with GUEST and LOGGED IN users everything seems to be working. I thought you guys have done something.

It is working for my app..

I have just announced in my forum that users can use this app now:

Visit Pegham Network, the largest and most reputable online Urdu community established in 2005. Stay updated with Pakistan news, explore the beauty of Urdu sad poetry, delve into Pakistan's current affairs, and engage with a diverse community of students, professionals, social media users, sports fans, bloggers, authors, and designers. Experience the new design of Pegham Network while still enjoying our interactive forum. Join us today and immerse yourself in the rich world of Urdu!

Comment

• SpaceStar
        • Apr 2005

Short lived... it is back to Unexpected Server Error for Activity.

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

This is pointing to a server issue. I would check your server error logs for the time you get this error, and see what is there.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------

Comment

• SpaceStar
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Mark.B
            This is pointing to a server issue. I would check your server error logs for the time you get this error, and see what is there.
            I have an observation... may this help you...

When there isn't any IMAGES or PHOTOs in Latest Activity, I think it works. But it doesn't work when there are images - maybe I am wrong.

Comment

• SpaceStar
              • Apr 2005

Any news on this?????

Annoying problem is continuing to irritate in use of Mobile APP.

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

As per post five - what isn't the server logs for when this happens?
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------

Comment

• SpaceStar
                  SpaceStar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Mark

Now I have tried to find but coudn't find anything which leads to an error

The only thing I have found is:

Array ( [api_m] => activity [api_v] => 8 [api_c] => 3 [api_s] => a83ad040a5f47d2efc1cfdc8cbc4ea86 [api_sig] => 6f1ac5e041d2f170ae57218666e368da [sortby] => recent [show] => all [isSubscribed] => NO )
              • SpaceStar
                • Apr 2005

A month on since creating a support ticket, nothing has happend to solve my mobile issue.<br />
                <br />
                Server logs are checked for errors nothing found of interest.. notibaly because I have no clue what to look for? What error log is interested to look for? what happens exactly when I click on Activity? What does it look for?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by SpaceStar
                  Short lived... it is back to Unexpected Server Error for Activity.
                  Unfortunately, there is little to nothing we can do about this error. There is no diagnostic to check this issue and for the tools we do have, the API does work. Most of the time if you switch from Activity to Forum using the button in the top center of the interface you can continue on using the app. When the offending post gets pushed off the activity stream, it will work again. Though, we have no way of seeing what that offending post is when using the App.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

Can you PM me your API Key and URL. I cannot find the ticket.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SpaceStar
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                      Can you PM me your API Key and URL. I cannot find the ticket.
                      Hello Wayne

Did you had time to look into this?

Is there a way of setting FORUM as default, when logging on to app instead of ACTIVITY?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

I have looked at it and it has been forwarded to the developers for more information. Another customer has a similar problem and I think your issue will come out with the same result in that PHP Warning messages are breaking the client. I am hoping this JIRA here will resolve the issue once and for all - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-16618

There is currently no way to switch to Forum as the default. You can talk to your Hosting Provider about making sure Warning messages from PHP are always suppressed on the server level.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SpaceStar
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          I have looked at it and it has been forwarded to the developers for more information. Another customer has a similar problem and I think your issue will come out with the same result in that PHP Warning messages are breaking the client. I am hoping this JIRA here will resolve the issue once and for all - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-16618

There is currently no way to switch to Forum as the default. You can talk to your Hosting Provider about making sure Warning messages from PHP are always suppressed on the server level.
                          Thanks a lot Wayne.

Again it worked for a couple of hours today, then it broke down again.

I am owner of the server and can manage it by myself. So I can disable warnings on my site.

Comment

• SpaceStar
                            • Apr 2005

Just checked the parameter

display_errors is already off

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...